The term 'knee cartilage' could refer to either the meniscus cartilage(s) or the articular cartilage.


Clarifying the meaning of knee cartilage

Knee 'cartilages' are the menisci, or shock absorbers of the knee. They should not really be referred to as cartilages because of confusion with articular cartilage, which is the gristle covering the ends of the bones of the knee.

joint cartilage
articular cartilage
hyaline cartilage

Dr Sheila Strover (Editor)
BSc (Hons), MB BCh, MBA

See biography...


Relevant material -

eBook - Clearing up confusion about knee cartilage

eBook explaining the difference between articular cartilage and meniscus cartilage.