Patellofemoral pain - course
Dr Ronald Grelsamer is an associate clinical professor at the Mount Sinai Hospital in New York.
He has decades of experience in managing problems of the knee related to the patella. In this course he gives a comprehensive overview of those conditions that can cause pain in the patellar region.
Page first published 2008, and reviewed August 2023 by Dr Sheila Strover (Clinical Editor)
- Patellofemoral Anatomy
- Important patellofemoral concepts
- Differential diagnosis of patellofemoral pain
- Conditions interfering with patellofemoral mechanics
- Conditions causing patellofemoral pain but NOT interfering with the mechanics of the knee
- Symptoms associated with patellofemoral pain
- Examination in cases of patellofemoral pain
- Imaging and X-rays for patellofemoral pain
- Non-operative treatment for patellofemoral pain
- Surgery for patellar malalignment
- Surgery to slow established patellofemoral arthritis
- Patellofemoral pain - Glossary
This 'course' offers a comprehensive overview of the complexity of investigating patellar pain.
Although written some years ago, the investigation of patellar pain has not moved very far, and we will add links to content where we feel it can offer some newer perspective.
NEXT PART: Patellofemoral Anatomy