High tibial osteotomy

Tibial and femoral osteotomy (opening or closing bone wedges). Unloader braces. 'Unispacer'.
Reeves9277
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

High tibial osteotomy

Post by Reeves9277 »

Im due to have pins and plate removed shortly from my hot operation I had in Feb last year . Seen my consultant it's all go to remove metal work but since I have seen him every time i walk up down stairs my leg makes like a grinding noise has anyone eles had this issue please .
vickster
Administrator
Administrator

Re: High tibia ostectomy

Post by vickster »

Have you been icing the knee? Not sure why seeing the Consultant would affect, did he actually do anything? Injection?
Is there pain or just clicking? Do you do physio or gym work etc?
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone
Reeves9277
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by Reeves9277 »

No my consultant hasn't done anything . It's just something I've noticed in the last week that my knee leg as started clicking grinding it wasnt doing it when I saw my consultant otherwise I would of mentioned it to him . It's just a question to see if anyone eles has similar issues
meddian
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by meddian »

Yes-I too have had the clicking noise. My OS did a CT scan and I have lost some of the tibia bone on the inside of my rt knee.My MCL gone. valgus now-super knee knocks. He advised me to wait until we see more bone healing and bone growth in my rt leg-then he wants to take out all h/w for a tkr (oct/sep 2020). History:My tibia/fibia shattered on 06/19, replaced w/h/w plates plus screws (17). I had numerous operations e.g., (facisotomy for compartment syndrome). Last one was Sep 2019 for mersa infection (debridement). All Cleared. The clicking is due to bone loss-bone/bone not aligned. Only way to fix it is w/tkr after h/w removal surgery heals. I'm nervous about the tkr and the pain. :'(

Return to “KNEE ARTHRITIS - Changing the forces through the joint”