Sway's lysis of adhesions

To let us know how you are getting on for the first days and first few weeks after your operation or injury. We would be interested in knowing about pain levels and meds, dressings, using the CPM machine, swelling, icing regimes, mobility, exercise regimes, bathing and travelling issues, etc.
swayball
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Sway's lysis of adhesions

Post by swayball »

One week tomorrow since my surgery. My knee is looking awesome! I'm sooo excited that this could fix all the probelms I've been having with it! Saw doc today and I can use crutches with as much weight as tolerated, trying to walk normally. No more immobilizer, can start bike and do CPM as much as tolerated. I am at 110 degrees with little effort and can get it straight and into bend with no catching. I'm psyched! Hope it continues to go this well.
Jaci
SuperKNEEgeek
SuperKNEEgeek

Re: Sway's lysis of adhesions

Post by Jaci »

Hey Lauren,

I just noticed your post. It sounds like you're doing well. Keep up the good work with PT, but be careful not to over do it.

Best wishes for a smooth recovery.

Jaci

PS-- Did you have the drain? Did you do okay removing it?
10/03 Twist injury
12/03 Menisectomy- tears ACL, MCL, & LCL missed by OS
Arthrofibrosis ROM 38-68
3/04- 4/08 Multiple scar tissue procedures:
6 scopes w/LOA, AIR, LR, chondroplasty, synovectomy, bone spur & plica removal
3 insufflations, many injections
Chronic AF, patella infera, IPCS
swayball
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by swayball »

Hi Jaci. Thanks. Yes, I had drain. My aunt who is a nurse removed it and said no one should have to do it themselves. It was at least 6 inches of tubing inside the knee. It didn't really hurt coming out just felt really really weird. Doc says that's why there is such little swelling and bruising.
Had PT today - he said keep up whatever I am doing. Bike 5-10 mins at a time 2-3 times a day - exercises, some CPM (though it seems too easy now), knee can get to 130 degrees with some discomfort but not really pain. I keep up with icing and rest it when it starts feeling more painful and weak.
Doc said first three weeks are crucial to keep / get it moving and not let scarring start. I have to move the patella round manually a few times a day for a few minutes so scarring doesn't start behind it.
Hopefully all will continue to go well.

I find it very interesting that this doc didn't see the "severe cartilage defects" that the other doc told me are there (even drew me a diagram). Makes me more than a bit mad that I went through injections which never would have helped with scar tissue which seems to have been the real problem.
swayball
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by swayball »

i went down stair in PT yesterday He said I did much better than he expected. I do a lot of massaging of the knee, moving knee cap around, keep up with exercises and if I find I do too much it gets slightly warm or swells more, I ice it and rest it.
Fingers crossed it will come throguh ok

Return to “Post-op diaries”