Membership Groups

Just for mods
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Membership Groups

Post by The_KNEEguru »

Hi
We have some increased control over the boards now, since the recent unpleasantness on the board.
We can create member groups, and only let certain members view, post etc.

For example, if the site made a charge, only paying members could post new topics.

Or only ligament people could respond in the ligament section - which might save some of the naf replies from people who have a different knee problem.

Or the chat section would only be available on qualifying in some way.

Give the concept some thought.

KNEEguru
Last edited by The_KNEEguru on Sun Jul 13, 2003 10:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
--
KNEEguru
mod

Re: Membership Groups

Post by mod »

Perhaps the best way would be to keep the chat section private. In the same way that the normal members can't see this board, could we make the chat section only visable to an invited selection of people? It might not solve the squabbling but at least it would stop the new members from being put off the site by quarels (sp).
PFS_Mod
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by PFS_Mod »

To be honest, I think the departure of certain individuals will make it unnecessary to do anything further. Some people were quite frankly starting trouble...when the same individuals are repeatedly involved in spats, it does cause one to pause and consider.....

I'm hopeful that things will calm down. I've been offline for about 2 weeks now due to work and travel issues, so I missed the fireworks. I just hope they will die a natural death, as these things do.

PFS Mod
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

I'm thinking of a live chatline, where the messages disappear after being answered. I thought it might take some of the addicts off the old chat section.
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Return to “Mods forum”