Wedding invite 3 days after ACL op...

Cruciate repair, allograft, autograft, synthetic ligaments. Ligament braces.
TheGroover
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Wedding invite 3 days after ACL op...

Post by TheGroover »

hello,
I have a wedding to go to three days after my ACL op.

I am pretty sure I'll be in no state to go, based on what I know about the post-op phase.

I assume I'll be barely walking, and struggling around on crutches if I am. And getting in a car for 2 hours to drive to the wedding is, I doubt, sensible.

I'm not too sure exactly what state i will be in in those first few days. I'll be just out of hospital, and, am i right, fairly immobile?

What do people think?

Andy
ACL repair: 16 Feb 2005
lshale77
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Re: Wedding invite 3 days after ACL op...

Post by lshale77 »

Well if it is a two hour car ride I would say it is not a good idea....I had trouble sitting in a car for 45mins one week after getting out of the hospital. Ny first car ride was ok. it was only 20 mins. Get in and out of the car to me was hard. I had to have my husband hold my leg for me getting in and out of the car. Trying to bring it up and down myself was horrible.
Last edited by lshale77 on Tue Jan 25, 2005 10:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lynn from Aurora,IL -  Had ACL & Graft Surg on right knee on Oct 22, 2004....Can't wait to be part of the normal crowd again.
nick157
Forum Faithful
Forum Faithful

Post by nick157 »

I'm 4 days post op (patella autograft). I'm VERY partial weight bearing. I think I'll be able to walk (albeit with a heavy limp) by the end of this week. You mention cars - actually getting in and out of cars is one of the hardest things I found. You may also find it extremely difficult to stay on your feet for any length of time. There may not be chairs readily available at a wedding :-/

I had a 2 hour journey exactly back from the hospital 3 days post op and the leg started to ache a lot by the last 1/2 of the journey. That was in a reasonably small car though.

I feel very uncomfortable supporting my operated leg without assistance. I guess it depends how important the wedding is but I would try to avoid leaving the house within the first week

Although I guess the usual caveat of "everyone's recovery being different" should be applied here - my recovery is going fairly well - little pain, moderate bruising and little swelling

I'm sure you'll make the right decision
Gab
SuperKNEEgeek
SuperKNEEgeek

Post by Gab »

Seriously, that just doesn't sound like a good idea. Stay in bed and eat some percocets instead ;D

EDIT - And if they give you sh*t about not showing up, just take some pictures of your knee to give them an idea of what you're dealing with. If you don't have any, PM and I'll send you some of mine, lol ;D
Last edited by Gab on Tue Jan 25, 2005 11:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
April 14th, 2004: Floor hockey accident, complete ACL tear (left knee).
June 11th, 2004: ACL reconstruction, patellar tendon autograft.
January 21st, 2005: Cyclops Lesion removal
TheGroover
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by TheGroover »

Cheers for the replies, that's exactly what i thought you'd all say. no wedding for me, then.

it's the stag do this weekend, so i'll just have to make the most of that! :D
ACL repair: 16 Feb 2005

Return to “Cruciate ligaments”