left knee: patella alta+former dislocation--> incessant pain, also neuropathic

Mal-tracking, lateral release, medial reefing, tibial tuberosity transfer, patellar arthritis, patellectomy, plica, patello-femoral braces. For patellar fractures, see Board on 'Bone Breaks around the knee'.
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Re: left knee: patella alta+former dislocation--> incessant pain, also neuropathic

Post by The_KNEEguru »

All your consultations seem to show that your PF issue is very localised with overpressure on the joint cartilage, which you know is already showing some deterioration. Your exercise regimes show that high exercise programmes aggravates your pain. Your one surgeon is suggesting a lateral retinacular lengthening procedure to hopefully relieve that overpressure. Maybe you will need to cut back on the more strenuous exercise while you decide whether or not you feel that surgery is justified.
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Re: left knee: patella alta+former dislocation--> incessant pain, also neuropathic

Post by andreafiumi »

Dear Kneeguru

Thanks for your words. I am desperate and don't know how to solve my issue. Never give-up. 10 ortopedics consulted has given ZERO results :-)
It is incredible how a problem of condropathy in patello-femoral zone doesn't have concrete solutions today in 2024

I want to write about my case to create some discussion. What do you propose in this sense?

Create a web site , how to understand if other people n the world has got my problem and how they are managing and/or solve??

thanks
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

A website would be a big undertaking. How about starting your own diary here - /forum/viewforum.php?f=6 ?
SuspectDevice
Forum Faithful
Forum Faithful

Post by SuspectDevice »

As hard as it is to do, have you tried backing off strenuous exercise for say 6 months and just doing gentle walking, maybe some swimming without kicking (use an ankle strap & pull buoy between the thighs to float your lower half)?
That combined with the anti-inflammatory Celebrex was what I needed to get on top of the chronic loss of tissue homeostasis in both knees.
I think that loss of homeostasis was triggered by pushing knees with patella chondromalacia too hard over many, many years.
That patella chondromalacia seems to have healed quite a bit now and I'm back into regular intense triathlon training and short races, though nowhere near the volume I used to do (probably 1/3rd of the volume I was doing when racing half-ironman events). And if I push too much, I feel the old symptoms lurking.
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

These are some RXs...
Attachments
RX rotula 90.png
RX rotula 90.png (23.97 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Normal.jpg
Normal.jpg (38.33 KiB) Viewed 235 times
Rosember.jpg
Rosember.jpg (42.93 KiB) Viewed 235 times
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

some other images
Attachments
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_3 S3 I16.JPG
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_3 S3 I16.JPG (59.95 KiB) Viewed 234 times
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_2 S7 I8.JPG
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_2 S7 I8.JPG (47.63 KiB) Viewed 234 times
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024 S7 I10.JPG
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024 S7 I10.JPG (46.54 KiB) Viewed 234 times
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

other
Attachments
Selection4.JPG
Selection4.JPG (51.93 KiB) Viewed 233 times
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_4 S3 I20.JPG
FIUMI, ANDREA_ MR (RM GINOCCHIO SN) del 02_02_2024_4 S3 I20.JPG (57.31 KiB) Viewed 233 times
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

last
Attachments
Screenshot 2024-02-10 185626.jpg
Screenshot 2024-02-10 185626.jpg (190.58 KiB) Viewed 232 times
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

I am no expert on imaging, but I have asked a colleague to comment (response will come to my email).
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

Many thanks appreciated a lot your contibution and support!!!
bacalamuntoni
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by bacalamuntoni »

andreafiumi wrote: Mon Jan 29, 2024 9:17 pm Dear Kneeguru

Thanks for your words. I am desperate and don't know how to solve my issue. Never give-up. 10 ortopedics consulted has given ZERO results :-)
It is incredible how a problem of condropathy in patello-femoral zone doesn't have concrete solutions today in 2024

I want to write about my case to create some discussion. What do you propose in this sense?

Create a web site , how to understand if other people n the world has got my problem and how they are managing and/or solve??

thanks

Andrea you need to go in person to see Dr Vicente Sanchis-Alfonso I think he can help you he is the best patella surgeon in Europe
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

re
Dr Vicente Sanchis-Alfonso
Here are his details on KNEEguru - https://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEnotes/kn ... is-alfonso but they have not recently been updated.
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

Thanks i will go to vincent alfonso despite it seems to me that i am a plague sufferer in the 1600s, i.e., destined to die, where dying means semi-consciously putting on prostheses as science is unable to help me as it does NOT know HOW to remedy the problems exposed and in particular the cartilage problems.
To me it's all nonsense the things they say about iauloronic acid, lipogems, ..... little things with no big meaning
Try to see what scientific results are documented of these infiltrations, they are tiny little improvements, in some cases they work, but in most cases NO.
I repeat, it is like being sick with malaria in the 1800s you are doomed to die

It is good to say these things clearly science is backward They do not know how to deal with the problem of cartilage we are VERY VERY BACKward

It's bad to say this but it's the truth we are lagging behind boys as science
andreafiumi
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by andreafiumi »

I have seen about 10 orthopaedists...
I have not had an ounce of benefit They could neither explain the reason for the pain nor provide me with any help in reducing the pain
these things need to be said - the doctors must realise that they don't know which way to turn
They know how to work very well on bones, on cartilage problems maybe traumatic (20 year old guy missing a piece of cartilage), on ligaments and tendons, but we are ZERO on the cartilage problem, ZERO
bacalamuntoni
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Post by bacalamuntoni »

andreafiumi wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2024 8:28 pm I have seen about 10 orthopaedists...
I have not had an ounce of benefit They could neither explain the reason for the pain nor provide me with any help in reducing the pain
these things need to be said - the doctors must realise that they don't know which way to turn
They know how to work very well on bones, on cartilage problems maybe traumatic (20 year old guy missing a piece of cartilage), on ligaments and tendons, but we are ZERO on the cartilage problem, ZERO
I know fratello I'm in the same boat 4 surgeons they all told me I'm fucked

Return to “The patello-femoral joint”