Strange knee

Post here if you are new to the board and not sure where to post your question. Or if your question or comment is of a general nature. The KNEEguru may move it later to a more relevant section if necessary.
Celina1989
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Re: Strange knee

Post by Celina1989 »

The_KNEEguru wrote: Mon Nov 06, 2023 5:50 pm Let's hope you are turning a corner. Please keep us all informed with your progress. And let's hope the weather stays cool for you in the next few months.
Thank you! I have good faith the saphenous nerve will be my problem and the treatment will work. If it works I think I've only got 1 more surgery in the close future because than I want a neurectomy. I don't want to repeat this treatment every year over and over.

I added my signature. The 255 characters restriction was a bit of a challenge.
Osteochondritis Dissecans
May 2022: Episealer implant surgery
September 2021 - March 2022: RFA Genicular / Saphenous (3x)
March 2020: Autologous Chondrocyte Implantation
January 2020: Cartilage harvest surgery
March 2018: Microfracture surgery
Novembre 2017: bone broke off (OCD grade 4)
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

Thank you for doing that. I will see if I can ease that restriction on the characters in the signature.
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

I upped the characters to 300 for the 'signature' - let me know if that is still insufficient....
Celina1989
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Celina1989 »

Thanks for increasing the number of characters allowed in the Signature by adding the start date of my knee journey. For now it is enough. I hope I only need 2 more lines, pain treatment and neurectomy.
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Post by The_KNEEguru »

Thanks for the feedback - I upped the limit to 400 and let's see how that goes. I DO like to read the signatures.
Celina1989
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

Post by Celina1989 »

It has been nearly a week since I had my pain treatment. I only had an corticosteroid injection in my saphenous nerve. I actually already noticed an improvement the day after the treatment. I was able to lay the blanket on my knee. A few days later I was able to remove the blanketbow from my bed.

The very sharp pain (vas 8) is gone. It is now a more dull pain (vas 4) and it happens way less often. I am able to walk in house without my brace. I'm still wearing it outdoors and walking stairs.

I can walk painfree and with just some discomfort afterwards. I am able to do multiple activities during one day.

My knee still gets warm and sore at some times. Yesterday after aquajogging it was mildly painful. But it is still another week till maximum result and it is only numbed (so probably some signals will still get trough but not as strong?). I will speak to my doctor in 7 weeks because he didn't have time earlier. I do want to start the procedure to permanently disable this nerve with a small operation. I am really looking forward to have no pain in my knee anymore.

Seeing a much more brighter future

Return to “GENERAL KNEE QUESTIONS and comments (good for new threads)”