MICROFRACTURE OR ANKLE GONE I DONT KNOW?

Usually with instability of the knee
minka
Regular Poster
Regular Poster

MICROFRACTURE OR ANKLE GONE I DONT KNOW?

Post by minka »

hi all not been on here for 6 years
started of with ankle pain giving on inside then bleeding knee went again after 6 years of pulled back no problems after microfracture.
now it seems back and im compensating to the other better leg and making that sore on my better leg at my foot underside.
the knee sort of twists when i put my foot down as ankle goes in .

how long does a microfracture last was all right on hols walking mile. and now this is putting my whole body out better leg hip foot undersides sore its deliberating and at 4 months getting to my back like my pelvis is twisted
ANYONE SHED ANY LIGHT ON THIS PLEASE.
vickster
Administrator
Administrator

Re: MICROFRACTURE OR ANKLE GONE I DONT KNOW?

Post by vickster »

Have you discussed with your GP? Sounds like you need a thorough assessment, they'll probably refer you to the MSK triage service to see a physio (assuming you're in UK, using NHS, this is the usual route now to access physio or orthopaedics).

It may not be the microfracture failing or a specific ankle issue, but as you say, perhaps a gait or muscle imbalance. A physio would be best to assess (after the GP). You could otherwise go private for physio, perhaps if you've gone that route before and someone knows your history. They may still send you back to the GP hence better that way first.

A lot can happen to joints in 6 years, especially as we get older unfortunately. Good luck :)
Came off bike onto concrete 9/9/09 (lat meniscus, lat condyle defect)
LK scopes 8/2/10 & 16/12/10
RK scope 5/2/15 (menisectomy, Hoffa’s fat pad trim)
LK scope 10.1.19 medial meniscectomy, trochlea MFX
LK scope 19.4.21 MFX to both condyles & trochlea, patella cartilage shaved, viscoseal, depo-medrone

Return to “Ligament damage”