WOULD APPRECIATE ADVICE OR HELP FROM THE INFORMED

Chronic inflammation of the lump below the kneecap.
WNYKNEE
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

WOULD APPRECIATE ADVICE OR HELP FROM THE INFORMED

Post by WNYKNEE »

ABOUT 4 years ago i had surgery on my right knee to remove fragments from my knee I had Osgood sphlatters from about 10 years old about 4 years ago the pain was terrible i guess bone chips had broken off the callus that was Osgood shatters i had open surgery the pain is not nearly as bad as it was but i believe during the surgery a nerve was severed and scar tissue has built over it causing an annoying feel in my knee

i do swim and that seems to be the best relief for it ive done the cortisone shots recently and after the surgery did some physical therapy after the surgery but at the time maybe did not know the problems of the cause

my question i guess is

does anybody have any theraputic advice for me that help me going forward

thank you very much

exploratory surgery would be the last resort
UK_Girl_!
SuperKNEEgeek
SuperKNEEgeek

Re: WOULD APPRECIATE ADVICE OR HELP FROM THE INFORMED

Post by UK_Girl_! »

hi!
anytime you have surgery it is necessary to cut through the nerve endings in the skin/flesh and subsequently leaves you with a sort of numb strange feeling! Is the skin surface still sensitive - if so get something like E45 cream or bio oil and massage the area - it will help desensitise it and get you used to the feel of the skin there - I would have thought you would have got used to that feeling after 4 yrs (if we are talking about the same thing!) I havent had proper feeling in the skin over my knee for about 25 yrs and it still feels odd at times when I touch it !
1978 - ruptured acl and all cartalidge removed.
several debridements over years
TKR 10TH JULY 2006 http://www.kneeguru.co.uk/KNEEtalk/http ... ic.php?t=7  Aug 07 patellar maltracking - more physio! Still pain - but so much better !
BIOMET AGC  TKR  (with 10 yr warranty !)
gigi67

Post by gigi67 »

I was told two years ago that the numb/pins n needles feelings will always ve there due to the nerves being severed. two years later...still there and I messaged it all the itme..like several times per day the first year....didnt help. helped with the scarring in general but not the new senses in the leg.
kacrab1
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
MINIgeek (20-50 posts)

Post by kacrab1 »

I had back surgery as a teen and still had numbness more then 20 years later! I've also had the numbness in my knee since surgery but that doesn't really count since I keep having more surgery!!!! Like they said it may not ever go away, massaging is not going to make a difference.
PKR 8/2006
tibial fracture 9/2006
TKR 10/2006
failed replacement TKR revision10/2007
Manipulation 1/2008

Return to “Osgood Schlatter's Disorder”