What happened re Iona

Just for mods
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

What happened re Iona

Post by The_KNEEguru »

I do not need to go into the background as you all know it well. Suffice it to say that Iona (for the second time) dramatically posted last week to say she was leaving. She said she had had 'f**king enough' (her stars). Her post was supported by a new user called loveball_loopie_lo, who had just registered that day, and who posted 2 threads in Iona's topic saying that the board users were 'vultures' etc.
I decided to bar loveball_looie_lo, only the 2nd person ever to be barred. I noted that the person registering just in front of her was loveable_loopie!
Shortly after the banning, I got a furious letter from Iona into my ordinary email, asking why she and Naz had been banned. I quote -
"Naz has tried to access the board, he has been suspended from using the board. It's fair enough suspending me, I understand that but why Naz? he has done nothing wrong at all, my neighbours daughter who uses the board from our house now can't get access, thats cutting 2 people out who need help and I don't think thats particularly fair, especially so with no prior explaination. Naz has telephone numbers, e-mail addresses in his IM box, he cannot even stay in touch with people now.

I perosnally have no desire, nor intention to set foot on the board again but naz, he needs the support and thats been taken away with no explaination. He feels extremely let down and obviously angry.

I am personally not bothered whether I am suspended or not, it makes no odds to me what i get upset at is other people suffering needlessly. I live in the middle of nowehere & i am the only person who has broadband and a lot of people use my PC, if one of them had knee problems and they do, they can't access th board, Fair enough to punish me but why make everyone else suffer?" Unquote.
I decided to check the IP (computer) address of Iona and Naz, and found they were identical to loveball_looie_lo and loveable_loopie (neither of whom had posted a thing about their knees! :-/
Suffice it to say I at this point wrote to Iona and barred her from the site.
Sheila
--
KNEEguru
liga_mod
MICROgeek (<20 posts)
MICROgeek (<20 posts)

Re: What happened re Iona

Post by liga_mod »

I didn't realise a moderator had to be a detective as well!
Hopefully your hard work may have put a stop to all this. I must admit I have never really understood what was going on.
Jane
The_KNEEguru
Administrator
Administrator

Re: What happened re Iona

Post by The_KNEEguru »

Also saw this on the internet. Presumably not private since it is an open site -
http://www.ivillage.co.uk/relationships ... -8,00.html
KNEEguru
--
KNEEguru

Return to “Mods forum”