Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Good insurance for knee problems?  (Read 1439 times)

Offline pomo2000

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Good insurance for knee problems?
« on: September 25, 2004, 11:55:11 AM »
Hi, I'm not sure if this is the right section, but I am undergoing surgery for OCD in Europe where I live. I have good insurance coverage from a government scheme here.

The problem is I am planning to return to the US, and am afraid that follow-up surgery may be necessary (always a risk of set backs , right).  I would need to get some insurance coverage in the US, and I am looking for a good plan, which covers things like arthroscopy, MRI, and surgeries if needed, as well as rehab.

Can anyone tell me which companies or plans are the most cooperative and flexible--allowing me to see good doctors and get good care?  I don't want to be in a situation with problems in my knee and some insurance guy telling me that the necessary treatment is considered "experimental".

Also, most insurance companies have a 12 month "pre-existing condition" clause so I probably can't get any treatment during that time. Are there any plans that don't?

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks
« Last Edit: September 25, 2004, 03:02:51 PM by pomo2000 »

brattkids2

Re: Good insurance for knee problems?
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2004, 10:48:50 PM »
must be careful of the insurance here especially the HMO.
Since alot of the treatments here are considered experimental you will get alot of them saying they wont cover OCD treatment.
Your best bet is to use the internet and search various insurance companies and what coverages they offer. Once you find one you like either email them or call anym like and inquire about proceedures you might have and whether or not they consider them experimental.
I have OCD and am fighting my insurance for treatments. :-/
Good Luck

support