Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: .  (Read 1516 times)

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
« on: September 25, 2004, 08:50:00 AM »
« Last Edit: June 14, 2005, 03:52:28 PM by anasta5ia »
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Dealing with My Life (Very long....sorry)
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2004, 04:01:57 PM »
Hey Heather !!

The process you are dealing with is the same as I have gone through the last years. The day you know you have to live with the pain is a day you can't understand why it is there. Why is a question I've never really cared about, there are som many things which have a why and maybe also an answer but the answer is so hard to take to deal with. Therefor I've learnt that why has no good answers and therefor I've also stopped asking it. You see Heather I do believe in a solution for us in the future, when, well I don't know but that but there will come one day for us. I can't imagine myself how I will feel that day....cause pain is a part of my life now. Ok, yes I have these days when I have difficulties in handling it but every person have these days despite of living with pain or not. People often come say to me that they shouldn't complain for their problems cause they think their problems is so less compared with mine.
Of course they aren't I Itell them cause we all have a base line and everything which comes over these base lines is hard for us to deal with and everyones baseline is on it's special level. I think the most severe part to learn to handle is to find a lifestyle which give you everything in life you want but don't higher the pain too much. I started beeing at a neurorehab clinic about 2 years ago and have lived there in the weeks for several times. There I've learnt that I decide what I will do and how much I can stand, noone else tells me that. Before I came there I didn't think in these ways, just thought everyone else like docs and phys and so on had to decide that. It was the thoughest I've gone through since everything started 7 years ago. I felt that I were a little kid learning to walk or something like that. Now I've just started working again at my old job that I had before my accidents. I'm back in wheelchair, had to change what I work with and I only work 2 halfdays a week...BUT I WORK !!!
Heather I hope you can manage going to school and find a future you like. Remember to take small steps forward and if a thing doesn't work out as you want then try to do it in another way. A good thing I usually tell myself is that less is better then nothing.
1000000 HUGS TO YOU !!

Hugs nettan  ::)

Ps. We have one thing in common my painlevel is same as yours. I usually lay around 6-8.
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2004, 09:58:47 PM »
heather..i'm glad that hubby at least was able to convey that he still sees the real u thru all of the ops and complications..u are a very special..sensistive..intellegent and very ambitious person..the knee woes do not define u...your essence does which consists of all of those special qualities and talents that make u unique....outstanding gymnast..serious student..wife..friend...i'm sure he can see and sense that as easily as i can....

i'm glad i've gotten to know u here....hang tough and i will continue to pray for u

hugs and good thoughts

ronnie  
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline PattiAnn237

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2004, 04:12:16 AM »
Heather,
I am so sorry to hear that you are going through such a rough time.  On some level I know how you feel.  I battled a heart problem through my entire childhood. When I was 18 I had a surgery that "fixed" my heart.  I was elated that for the first time in my life I could be active and still breathe!  Then 6 months ago I started having problems with my knee.  Im in pain everyday and I have become depressed.  I can't even explain (although Im sure you completely understand) the feeling that I have when Im out in public and I try to walk up a step and can't get up, or my knee buckles and I fall.  I want to gry, I want to run, I just want to give up.  But I know, and you know that we can't give up.  I wish you all the best, and I hope that things get better for you.  Try to stay strong and take care of your self!

Hugs
~Patti    
25 y/o
Left knee- lateral tilt, lateral tracking, arthritis
LR 8/5/04 (failed)
Diagnostic Scope- 5/2/05 (scar tissue removed)
Holding off on TTT till I can get through school!

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2004, 04:17:53 AM »
Heather!

You have a wonderful husband- cherish him and let him know how much you appreciate him!  I am alo lucky enough to have a terrific husband- he's been an absolute God-send during my recovery.  Although I am gimped up right now, I always let him know how much I appreciate and love him, and always try to make him laugh!  Men (except for our Knee-Geek Ron!) aren't very emotional by nature.  They can "fix" anything- so it is hard for them to see people they love in pain- they feel helpless.  You know what?  They love us unconditionally!  I told my hubby, "You've got to be tired of me whining about being in pain all of the time.  I'M tired of ME whining!"  He said, "Silly, come here and give me a smoochie.  You had major surgery, so of course you are in pain!  But this will make you better!  I love you, gimp leg and all!"

It's normal to be emotional with the frustration of pain and immobility!  Have a good cry when you need it!  Your life will never be the same as it was, but look at it as a "new adventure."  Make a list of the things you CAN do- swimming helps arthritis!  Hey, you may qualify for one of those bling-bling motor scooters!  (I have always wanted one- I think they'd be a hoot!)  I'm on recovery from my TTT (5 weeks post-op), so I know frustration with immobility/pain!  I just had to modify the way I do things (and some I can laugh at, like vacuuming with crutches!)  It's all a big adventure, and will make you a stronger person in the end!  I hope things get better for you soon!  Vent anytime!

Many hugs!
Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

support