Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Gonna crawl in a hole and cry  (Read 1672 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Gonna crawl in a hole and cry
« on: September 24, 2004, 07:42:33 PM »
hey guys, this week has to be one the worst in my life. I found out Monday that I have to  have surgery (not on my knee) and I need to do it SOON.  My knee is no better now than it was 2 wks post op this last surgery. My son is having a terrible time with a teacher at school (the whole class has a D average and it is an Advanced Placement class). My talk with her stunk. His soccer coach is a complete jerk ( major politics going on here) My daughter is averging 3 1/2 hrs homework every nite and that is if I help her. Hubby is out of town AGAIN. Now I have 2 1/2 weeks beffore major surgery , the house is a mess, I am a mess. I tried to schedule this surgery around all of the kids functions but it is still gonna ruin my daughters 13 th birthday.AND YES SHE IS COMPLAINING.  I swear, this has been a horrible week. Oh yes, and my insurance is saying that i still owe around 250 bucks before max out of pocket this year. THEY ACTUALLY OWE ME $4.00 . uGH.  OK, rant over, for the moment. I feel a little better just getting it off my chest. I would appreciate it if everyone would just send a few hugs and good wishes this  way. I really need them right now.

thanks for letting me vent.
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Beth_T

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Knees - who came up with the idea?
Re: Gonna crawl in a hole and cry
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 07:55:18 PM »
Hi Missy

You rant away girl  :)

HUGE hugs coming your way

Luv Beth x

Had a not needed LR op due to a fall
Found out that nerve damage was causing the pain, acupuncture worked - all ok :)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2004, 07:59:19 PM »
missy..vent away..huge friday hugs and ny sunshine..sorry it's gettin ruff..got u covered in the prayer and karma dept..

hugs hugs hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline mainegal

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
    • Notes From Away
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 08:23:14 PM »
Sending you hugs! Sorry things are so rough right now - hopefully they'll smooth out a little.

Melissa
RK TTT (Fulkerson) & LR - 8/31/04
RK - genetic PF maltracking, chronic patellar tendinitis
RK - Q-angle was 25, post-op= 15

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2004, 08:32:50 PM »
Hey Missy !!

Sorry life isn't treating you propertly now. Sending you 1000 hugs and best wishes. Can you get some help from a good friend or a neighbour or another familymember ? The mess at home maybe your children can take care of some. My kids are monthly paid by me and have some things they are helping me out with.
They learn by that to take care of things make them ready for life as grown-up and also learns to handle money. Hope you feel better soon and that everything works out both with surgery and of course with your kids. Maybe you can talk with your daughter's teacher about her homework that you are having a tough time at home and might need more support from school.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2004, 09:43:54 PM »
Oh, Missy!

Don't know the nature of your upcoming surgery...but hope you'll be O.K.?!  As for your daughter...13 year-old girls are just plain impossible.  Been there, done that!  They don't mean it, though.  They just can't help thinking they're the center of the universe and Mom's their mortal enemy!  When they get to be around 19, they get to like you all over again...just like when they were little! (Phew...something to look forward to! ;D).

Listen you...you need to take care of Missy right now.  Not your son...not your daughter...MISSY!!!  As a mom, I know how difficult that is.  But in the long run, you can't be there for them if you don't take care of yourself.  When does your hubby return?  Is there someone else who can help out?  A friend?  A family member?  Get some help, girl!  You're entitled!  Go to a movie, or go shopping, or have lunch out, or go to the library...just give yourself a chance to BREATHE!!

And never feel bad for venting.  That's what we're here for. ;D  We love you, kiddo...venting and all!

Good luck!

Hugs!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2004, 09:55:46 PM »
Missy!

You poor woman!  I am sending you a million hugs!  You have the whole world on your shoulders right now, and your family does not appreciate you enough!  I'm amazed at how much you do every day WITH a bad knee!  Why can't your daughter have her birthday party a week early or something?  Is the hubby going to be home for your surgery?  Oh, insurance companies- they ALL screw up royally!  I hope things start to look up for you.  This is the place to vent- we are all here for you if you need us!

Hugs,
Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
y,Re: Gonna crawl in a hole and cry
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2004, 10:12:52 PM »
Missy, I know the feeling, as I am in the midst of a diaster myself. BUT though my kids are demanding, I have to think that I have always thought it was my place to provide for them, help them, and love them. Although of course, I dont hear it  very often in return, unless I lay some guilt trip on them. I found a card my daughter wrote for me priot to my TKR, and is was so touching, I actually think she was more scared than I was, and sometimes think theymisbehave because they do not  know how to help us. I am waiting for that dreaded phone call that gives me a surgery date with a surgeon I can't trust, but my main goal is to save my leg at all costs. Things will turn around, and it it is too said that so many of us on this site have experienced it and know it. Take things one day at a time. I am raising three adolescents with no help, and none available. BUT I would not give them  up. My thoughts are with you Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

Offline Kimby

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2004, 05:04:01 AM »
Missy - am so sorry to hear things are the way they are.  I hope things smooth out for you - good always comes out of things when they're bad.  And good things do happen to good people despite what it feels like sometimes.

Thinking of you and sending prayers.

Kim
1982 - R patella tendon transversal
1983 - L patella tendon transversal
2003 - R TTT and patella medial ligament   reconstruction
2004 - L TTT and PMLR

Offline pjays29

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2004, 06:53:52 AM »
We have all been there so you vent away.  I was there a few minutes ago but you helped me to realize how much harder it could be.  

Don't forget that stress can make your pain worse so try to find a way to chill out.

Don't crawl in a hole!!!!
Had 30 percent removal of meniscus on May 6, 2004.  Had horizontal tear on posterior horn of medial meniscus.  (Kid stuff compared to many on this site!)