Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: 300 dollars..5 hrs..more pain..no help  (Read 7075 times)

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: 300 dollars..5 hrs..more pain..no help
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2004, 02:33:12 AM »
Rock-Star Ron!

I am glad to hear you had a good weekend- sounds like you were quite the wild man, on stage and all!  Go ahead and get a massage- you need to be good to yourself!  I'm still suffering the insomnia with you- it's no longer pain- I just can't seem to fall asleep!  There is no cure.  I stopped taking naps, but that didn't help, either!  When I do find the elusive cure to sleep, I will let you know!

Hugs,
Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2004, 05:04:23 AM »
thanks chris...i will certainly let u know as soon as i figure it out...still haven't...take care of yourself...u ok otherwise?

big hugs

ronnie
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2004, 12:32:24 PM »
well my friends 4:27 am..got my 2 hrs..just reading killing time till i leave at 6 am or so...seems the constant pain level increases every wk...would kill for one 5 hr stretch of uninterrupted 5 hr stretch of sleep...hope everyone is sleeping well and had a good nite...

cheers

ronnie
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Joy

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2004, 05:25:52 PM »
Ron:  Why don't you try the Hospital for Special Surgery or the Hospital for Joint Diseases?  You're spending alot of money anyway.  They have good orthopedic departments and top physicians....
11/5: tripped, fell on knee, broke patella into 3 pieces  11/7:  surgical repair with screws and wires  12/16:  immobilizer removed, walking with walker  1/12:  graduated to cane

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2004, 05:55:53 PM »
hi..that's where i was pls see my post from the start of this thread....thanks for the thought

ronnie
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2004, 09:11:15 PM »
Ron, I am definitely with you on wishing for that five hour stretch. I thought I might have been headed that way on Saturday, BUT my son, called be starting at 2:00 am and one of his friends, that I have known since birth, had broken his collar bone, and couldn't move. I asked FIRST how much they had been drinking, and if anyone could drive safely. HE assured me there were plenty of those, THOUGH I DOUBTED IT> Anyway, I got out of bed, and made an ice pack, and waited, he called again around 2:40 or so, and said they were on their way, and arrived around 3. THEY all four had open beers, including the driver. (he had just gotten out of a 4 year stint with the marines a few months ago.)  Anyway, Nick, theone  injured, had his head turned so far towards the left he was facing backwards, and the bone had been broken from the back, and the could not move because of the intense spasms. HE is a construction worker, and has these big muscles that really spasmed. ANYWAY, I applied the ice pack and told them maybe I should drive , or call his mom, and he said no, he wanted me to look at it, and make all decisions. I finally sent them on their way and threatened all of them that only the driver should go in, and ask the er to have somebody get him our of the truck, and the rest stay OUT of the ER waiting room, as there is nothing a ER likes less than a waiting bunch of drunks. I guess from reports, they put on a collar, and put him on  a stretecher, causing lots of pain, and Nick, managed to walk out at least once, MY son called again about 30 minutes after they left here, to say "MOM< its been hours and hours and we haven't heard anything" I told him 30 minutes, and for all of them to go home, if Nicks finanacee was there. Found \out the next day the ER did put on the splint but gave him nothing for pain, as some ER docs really do like to punish people who drink. WEll, all in all I got to sleep from abou 5:30 until 7 am. Life never fails to come up with some new diaster. Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #21 on: September 29, 2004, 06:44:23 AM »
Teresa!

Good lord, woman!  You have your hands full!  You take care of EVERYONE, and no one is taking care of YOU!  Hopefully, they appreciate you!  You definitely need a vacation!  One with warm beaches, sunshine, and a well-muscled cabana boy to bring you fruitiful drinks!  What you need is a Corona commercial!  I will keep you in my prayers and thoughts!  Sending you many hugs!

Ron!

How the heck are you doing today, homie?  I hope your day was a good one!  Also sending you many hugs!

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #22 on: September 29, 2004, 08:34:52 AM »
hey chris..just got back from the er..knocked over by another running chick in grand central...baseball lump tween patella and shin..thank god per x rays that the screw and graft tho shifted are intact..crutches/percs/immobilizer..will be driving in next few days..can't hack the walking or subway now...deep bone bruise lotsa effusion and major pain..and the hits just keep on comin....

hugs..hope you're ok..

ronnie
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #23 on: September 29, 2004, 08:51:31 AM »
Ron!

Are you wearing a big bull's eye?  What is up with chicks knocking you over?!  Someone needs to raise the Homeland Security alert level, as there are crazed women running around Grand Central Station!  Maybe they are just trying to "mack" on you, in a weird NYC way.  Not recalling THAT method to pick up a man from S*x and the City, but maybe it is some new trend.  "Target your victim.  Approach and tackle."  He he he...  Anywho, I am glad to hear you are intact and relatively unscathed!  All is well in the subway-free world of Florida.  Am currently sitting on porch drinking rum and Diet Coke.  Take care of yourself, and watch out for the crazy women!

Many hugs,

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
songRe: 300 dollars..5 hrs..more pain..no help
« Reply #24 on: September 29, 2004, 09:50:00 AM »
'm back from the all nite pharmacy...thank god for them...indeed i think i am a target....but with a song in my heart..
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline jennwren

• Regular Poster
  • :o)
    • Captivate Me
« Reply #25 on: September 29, 2004, 09:56:48 AM »
Ron,

I'm sorry about your fall today. I wish I were there to give you a big hug. I worry about you. Take it easy and get some rest hon.

XOXOXO's

Jenn
Jenn
1985 - patella fracture R Knee
1996- chipped bone from patella R Knee
1992 - 3 dislocations R Knee
1993- Arthoscopy R Knee
2001- Cartledge tear, Arthoscopy R Knee
2004- Lateral Release

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #26 on: September 29, 2004, 09:58:25 AM »
Hey Ron !!

Ohhhh, how mad I feel when hearing people can't watch out so sorry. I'm glad though that your screw and graft is ok. Hope you feel better soon, you're a lovely person not at all deserving these awful things. I'm staying at home today so if you need venting just IM me.
I have caught a cold, freeze,sneeze and my knee is huge it is always like this when getting cold. Funny a knee catching cold must be unique !!
Hugs to you from me !!

HEY MAN SUN STILL SHINES ON ME !!! 8)

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2004, 05:09:33 PM »
thanks nettan..gonna drive in to nyc today....slept bout an hr...gonna have my local doc have a look at 5pm today...swelling is hot and mushy wanna make sure ....lil discouraged....

hope everyone is well

ronnie
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Teresa_S

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #28 on: September 29, 2004, 10:59:29 PM »
I agree with Chris, Thought  maybe somebody pinned one of those "kick me" or "knock me down, in this case" signs on the back of you>'' I think you have taken more hits than some of the people in Florida or along the coast.Think you better invest in one of those big orange , glow in the dark vests that says; BEWARE.I can only imagain the increase soreness,pain, etc if I were knocked down, and LORD knows I am  know sure I could get up. MY one year old grandson was playing on the floor, so I got my self down in a sidelying type position, supported by my hands, and he started circling , grunting, groaning, and making all these weird noises trying to get in the same position. Did not know I had taught him all those sound effects. PATHETIC. Bet I would let loose a string of words if I were knocked down. Keep in touch, stay in an upright position, and hope the doc can help  you. Teresa
On going instrumentation failure, chronic infection,
Arthroscopes Left 11 Right 2, MRSA, L TKR  ,  Revision, LR x5, Medial and lateral meniscus repair, Broken prosthesis
Osteochondral Fracture,untreated 6 mths. Revision new tkr 01-07 awaiting new hip and right knee
R TKR pending

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
« Reply #29 on: October 01, 2004, 08:52:52 PM »
Hey Ron:

Again, my offer stands to come over the GW Bridge and smack a couple of these chicks upside the head if they can't quit hurting you!!! (he-he-he!)  Well, that would be a pretty sight, right?  As I've said, I'm not that big, but I'm feisty as h*ll, and I'd do anything to help a friend.  Besides, I've got these here 2 crutches that are bored just lugging me around...they might want to do battle for you!  Speaking of crutches, don't forget my suggestion that you use AT LEAST ONE when negotiating your way around public transit just to serve as a VISUAL WARNING to others to BACK OFF!  Otherwise, the orange cone suggestion is not bad, but a bit cumbersome! ;D  I swear, man, you've been knocked down so often I think you should start carrying some chalk around with you to draw your own outline for when you fall down! (just kidding...you know I love you!).

Can't believe you're still not sleeping...I'm pretty sure it's against even the Geneva Convention to allow someone to go that long without sleep.  And you're still working ludicrous hours too.  PLEASE TRY TO TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF WHEN YOU CAN!  Get a massage, let someone come over and cook for you...something, my friend!  Do you have an old girlfriend or an old girl "friend" who could come over and just let you cuddle with her so you can fall asleep in someone's warm embrace?  I'm not being silly or suggestive here...I know that when my husband is completely stressed out the only thing that works to calm him is my "magic skin" (well, that's what he calls it), and holding him until he falls asleep is the only thing that gives him peace.  If I were an old girlfriend of yours, I know I'd do it for you - you're just too great a guy to be suffering like this!

Hope you have a better day...sending lots of hugs!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04