Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: right knee/nerve?  (Read 975 times)

Offline sparky552003

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
right knee/nerve?
« on: September 24, 2004, 11:12:37 AM »

:) Hi.
I have a question that I was hopeing you might be able to answer for me?
In third grade I broke my leg just below my right knee.
I am 42 years of age now, I am a male,and all around my right leg knee cap and around my thigh is always numb , or like it has dead nervers in it,I have also had bone surgery on my right foot in 11th grade, are any of these related to my problem now ? and do you know what it is ?
                       thank you for reading this, and I look forward to a response.
    sincerly, marty

Offline sienna

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Anyone seen the light at the end of the tunnel?
Re: right knee/nerve?
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2004, 11:50:01 AM »
Hello,
Nerve damage is certainly characterised by numbness particularly around the damaged area and surgery sites.
Though, I would've  thought that your numbness would be more localised near the bone break.  
When you broke your leg, did you have to surgery and pins?  You do have a major nerve that runs down your leg called the saphenous nerve.  If that gets irritated it can go numb.  I am still coming to terms with my nerve damage and unfortunately am not on my normal computer so I can't give you the website I went to to find out more info.  But if you do a google search on the saphenous nerve, you will come across some info.

Perhaps you could also see a neurologist or something like that but if it doesn't bother you then why mess with it.  I guess it is about knowing what it is.

Anyway, good luck in your quest and sorry I couldn't help you more.
rk posterior meniscus tear. Successfully repaired 10 Sep,03. Now have nerve damage and cps which goes with it.  I want to slap the person who said 'It just takes time....'

support