Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: How to register for the first time  (Read 16802 times)

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 114
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
How to register for the first time
« on: July 14, 2002, 03:50:49 PM »
Readers who do not register may look at the postings but won't be able to participate.  To participate you need to register.  After giving your username, part of our new security system is that the KNEEguru will send you a password - this is to ensure that your are calling in from a valid email address.  Once you have this password you can join the forum - and change your password to one you are more comfortable with.

When you first register, you will be given the option to 'hide' your email address.  If you do not tick this option, then other people will be able to see your email address - this is up to you, but please be warned that you may then be vulnerable to receiving unwanted mail, viruses etc. If you hide it now, and then change your mind, you will be able to ask the KNEEguru to make it public. And vice versa.
« Last Edit: September 08, 2002, 08:02:29 PM by admin »
--
KNEEguru

Offline MrsGrey

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: How to register for the first time
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2003, 10:33:16 AM »
I have registered, changed my password, tried to sart a new topic, and keep getting told to login and register first. But look! I seem to be able to post here   ???
What do I do now?

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2003, 12:36:21 PM »
Hi MrsGrey
Welcome to the bulletin board. We usually manage to get people up and going - but this one is a first for me. Let's look at some of the common problems first -
1. Each time you use the board you need to look up a the top of the page to see if you have any private messages.  If you do (and I will send you one to test it), that means that you are correctly logged in. This is the 'private message' ir "IM - instant message' facility and is very useful for private conversations.
2. You have clearly registered correctly, so if you do not have that message at the top, it means that you need to 'login' - I login each day and then at the end of the session I 'logout' again.
3. At the bottom of the first page, it tells you who is actually logged in for the session, and if you are correctly logged in you will see 'MrsGrey' at the bottom, together with other users.
4. Some people set their computer browsers (eg Internet Explorer) to delete 'cookies'.  You need to check your settings, as it may be that your computer address is not being recognised because your cookie is not seen. Sounds weird but this is how these things work.  You can set the browser to accept the kneeguru site cookie.
If you continue to have problems with writing things, email me with the update, if necessary on [email protected]

KNEEguru
« Last Edit: September 12, 2006, 10:17:42 AM by The KNEEguru »
--
KNEEguru

Offline Babsy_Boop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2012, 02:28:37 PM »
I posted a new topic last night for knee pain but noticed that no one has replied.  I just wondered if I did something wrong, was posting in an incorrect stream, and if you had any suggestions for better locations to get some help. I am really struggling with feeling alone and insufficient in the last few days and would love to speak with someone who knows where I'm at.

Thank you for your help. 
11/23/11 - Comminuted fx of R patella,
12/2/11 - ORIF, cast for 6 wks
1/16/12 - Cast removed and splint applied, PT begun
1/30/12 - Aggressive ROM, flexion only to about 40 degrees
3/5/12 - ROM to about 70 degrees, MUA on 3/8, daily PT for 2 wks
4/4/12 - ROM 120, still painful after use

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2012, 03:15:45 PM »
I see you are now getting replies - it usually just takes a little while.
--
KNEEguru

Offline Babsy_Boop

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2012, 04:22:08 AM »
Thank you so much for following up!
11/23/11 - Comminuted fx of R patella,
12/2/11 - ORIF, cast for 6 wks
1/16/12 - Cast removed and splint applied, PT begun
1/30/12 - Aggressive ROM, flexion only to about 40 degrees
3/5/12 - ROM to about 70 degrees, MUA on 3/8, daily PT for 2 wks
4/4/12 - ROM 120, still painful after use

Offline OSVictim

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 2
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2014, 04:19:13 AM »
Thanks
Aug 2012: Rt Knee Arthroscopy/debridement, Lateral release
TTT/open Fulkerson tibial osteotomy
Aug 2013: Hardware removal (TTT)
Nov 2014: LPFLr, MPFLr, Distal Tibial  Osteotomy/derotation, Gastrocnemius lengthening, Rt Leg
Apr 2015: fibula (Rt leg) plating, iliac crest bone graft