Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: In need of advice  (Read 1444 times)

Offline nicporter

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
In need of advice
« on: November 07, 2002, 11:35:31 AM »
When I bend my knee it grates and clicks until it is either bent or straight. It causes me pain and makes walking difficult.

I have had two operations before on a cartilidge tear and a plica. Is it worth me going back to the doctors ???

Please help    ;D

Offline Janet

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
Re: In need of advice
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2002, 03:27:11 PM »
Any time you have pain and trouble walking, it is well worth it to go to the doctor. If nothing else, it will ease your mind to know if there is something going on in there. Good luck.

Janet
Torn quad tendon repair & VMO advancement 4/99, MUA with LOA 10/99, Patella baja and arthrofibrosis, LR & medial release & LOA 5/01, LOA & chondroplasty 6/03,TKR on 11/06, MUA 12/06. From perfect knees to a TKR in 7 years, all from a fall on a wet floor...and early undiagnosed scar tissue.

Iona_-Uk

Re: In need of advice
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2002, 11:09:07 AM »
Hi

Certainly if you are experiencing any type of pain, that is unusual or new or has changed, you should certainly see your DR OS or PT for advice and treatment.

Early treatment is better and with your history of pain and surgery, it would certainly be nessecery for some to examin your knees and see if there is something that requires intervention.

best wishes
Iona