Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee Pain  (Read 1386 times)

Offline karen1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee Pain
« on: September 16, 2004, 02:06:04 PM »
Hi there, this is my first time on here so please bear with me.
A few years ago I trekked up a mountain in the Lake District and a few days later had pain in the upper part of my knee cap. I found that I could not put any weight at all on that leg when going up or downstairs due to the excruciating pain and the fact that my leg would just give way. I didnt see a doctor at this time (silly but my gp was never very helpful) but when I started feeling tenderness again a few months later I explained the situation to my GP who said it couldnt be the same injury and was probably age and wear and tear.
A day or 2 ago at work someone pushed open a door wuite forcefully and it caught me in the same spot on my kneecap and there is now a small bruise, with tenderness and I am beginning to feel the same pain in my knee, especially when going up and downstairs.
Does anyone know if this could be an aggravation of the earlier injury and if I should go back to the DR or just rest it for a few days?
Thanks  ::)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee Pain
« Reply #1 on: September 16, 2004, 06:25:49 PM »
Hey !!

Wait for some days and see if it get better, ice and rest and elevate. If you don't see any improvement maybe it's time to see a doc.

hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline karen1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: September 16, 2004, 06:38:51 PM »
Hiya

Thanks a lot. I will do that.  8)

Offline RGrelsamer, MD

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • User's Text
    • Ronald P. Grelsamer, MD
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2004, 10:30:19 PM »
If you have recurrent pain in one part of the knee, it's worth getting checked out. Depending on your age or activity, it could be a little area of arthritis or tendinitis.
R Grelsamer, MD
www.KneeHipPain.com
R Grelsamer MD
 www.KneeHipPain.com

Due to time and legal restrictions Dr. Grelsamer can respond just once to queries on the Bulletin Board. Thank you for your understanding.

Offline karen1

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2004, 07:39:08 PM »
I am 27 and the original injury occurred when I was 24. The pain has eased now as has the bruise but if i kneel on it I get a sharp pain.

Offline Shiinshi

• Regular Poster
  • Fear is only as deep as the mind allows
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2004, 09:39:38 PM »
"I found that I could not put any weight at all on that leg when going up or downstairs due to the excruciating pain and the fact that my leg would just give way."

Did you ever check into this (MRI, etc)?
Perhaps you may have sprained or torn a ligament.  

Take care and good luck.
10/04 - RK, ACL allograft recon/ partial lateral meniscectomy.

01/05- RK, PFS and venous deficiencies
- Still could be more, but still don't want to ask!

support