Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: whats wrong now?  (Read 807 times)

Offline balletgirl

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
whats wrong now?
« on: September 11, 2004, 05:20:46 AM »
I had my knee scoped in April (medial menicus partial removal).I thought everything was ok.In about June,I noticed when walking or standing my knee would lock up for no reason.This is beginning to be a problem and is painful,scary,and even shocking when it happens.I'm going to call the doctor and make an appointment,in the mean time what can I do and what could be the cause of this.I'm at my wits in with this knee!!!!!!!!!

Offline AndrewC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • User's Text
Re: whats wrong now?
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2004, 07:18:17 AM »
Hi there Balletgirl....

Unfortunately the locking up of your knee sounds like meniscal damage......it may be that a fragment of the meniscus is loose and when it gets lodged in the wrong place is causing your knee to lock up....
I would definately see your OS ASAP but in the meantime you may be wise to limit over exerting your knee (Im thinking ballet here??!!) and try to protect it as much as possible to prevent further incidences...

Hope this helps a bit but it sounds like another arthroscopy might be on the cards Im afraid :o

All the best....
« Last Edit: September 11, 2004, 07:24:15 PM by andrewc »
Big bucket handle tear to lateral meniscus from sporting injury. Arthroscopy and meniscal repair carried out June 2004. sloooowwww recovery!!

2018 - torn medial meniscus in RH knee, partial extrusion. ongoing issues,