Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Feeling anxious & excited too ???  (Read 1164 times)

Offline ntrgrl

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
Feeling anxious & excited too ???
« on: September 06, 2004, 09:10:52 PM »
Hi everyone....

Tomorrow is my first day back at work. For those of you who do not know I am a wildlife biologist working as a consultant in Riverside, CA. I am going back w/modification in what field work I can do. (i.e.: no prolong walking, standing, squatting, hiking etc...).

The good news is I can do construction monitoring and observing. The latter is the best as part of burrowing owl surveys is four point observations... as long as the site is accessible by my 4X4 jeep I am good.

When my OS say I could go back to work I was VERY EXCITED. Now I am a little aprehensive. I don't know why...  ???      ??? ???   I love my job and co-workers.

Good thoughts needed,    :D      ::)
Ntrgrl

PS: I have promised all involved to do as I am told and not to over do it. I will be contining PT 3X/wk.
7/1: LR & Patella re-alignment/clean-up; (L)knee... 7/8: hematoma formed & infection, lots of pain & septic...back into OR for irrigation & antibotics. Knee imoblized for 4wks. PT now 2X a wk.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Feeling anxious & excited too ???
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2004, 12:13:20 AM »
hey ntgrl...consider it done my friend...lotsa stuff to make u edgy..but good stuff too..i know u just want to get back to what u love doin...you're in my thoughts and prayers and pls im me if u want to lean or vent..here if u need me...will be around all nite just going out for a coupla hrs but as anyone here can tell ya..i'm always open and rarely sleep more than a coupla hrs

hugs and sunshine for you

ronnie..

my yahoo im is on my profile or u can do it here..which ever u prefer 8)
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2004, 04:00:42 AM »
Dear Ntrgrl:

Yay, and good luck returning to work!  It's not surprising that you're a little anxious about going back - even though you LOVE what you do.  It's just hard to get back into the swing of things when you've been out of it for a while, and you begin to wonder if you'll "fit in" again.  At least that's the way I felt when I started working again after being on disability for 3 1/2 months after my last surgery.  Only for me it was even more difficult because I had to leave my old office and start all over again at a new dental practice.  Sure...it's still basically the same job and teeth are teeth after all...but it was with all new people and a whole new set up.

Just remember that you're great at what you do, you'll have your old co-workers around you who are sure to be thrilled that you're back, and the job you do is IMPORTANT AND VALUABLE!!  And keep your promise to all of us and your OS that you won't overdo it and set yourself back.  Be kind to your knee and it'll be kind to you (maybe we should make posters like that and put them up in our homes and offices?  he-he-he!)

Have a great first day back!

Hugs!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04

Offline ntrgrl

• Regular Poster
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2004, 06:45:54 AM »
Holly and Ron22

Thanks for the happy thoughts.   ::)    8)    ;D             We had dinner at my folks tonight and it was a bit weriod saying "have to get home and get ready for work tomorrow."... Though I am thinking ahead; I plan on gasing up my jeep and grabbing a cup of strong coffee in the "am". Even though I've been getting up for pt at 8am, going to work will be different.

Hugs and happy thoughts for pain-free night and day.
Ntrgrl

PS: DO have one question... I've noticed lately that when I'm sitting down my right upper thigh goes "asleep" or numb... I find this odd as its my left knee that I had the LR on and was immoblie for so long!
???     ??? ???    Any thoughts???
7/1: LR & Patella re-alignment/clean-up; (L)knee... 7/8: hematoma formed & infection, lots of pain & septic...back into OR for irrigation & antibotics. Knee imoblized for 4wks. PT now 2X a wk.

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2004, 09:05:45 PM »
Hey !

Great you are going back to work. I started a couple of weeks ago working again at my old job (a school) after 7 years away !! It's so funny.
Good luck to you !!!

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline ntrgrl

• Regular Poster
first day back at work
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 07:25:28 AM »
Hi Ron...
Well, about 2pm I was missing my nap time.   ;)    ;D
Lots of hello's and welcome backs' at work.

Right off the bat I got an assignment that I can handle w/o too much trouble. It's a realitively flat project site that I am familar within my old hometown. I have already done the majority of the report; tomorrow fieldwork.

P/T was interesting today.  My PT was brutal to me.  :o  :o  He pushed me extra hard. I think he figures if I am good enough to get back to work I can work harder in p/t.  I am soooooo sore tonight. Tomorrow I imagine it will be worsen w/field work and p/t  :o   :o :o

Thanks for all the advice and encouragement. I don't know what I would do w/o this website.   8)

Hugs, Ntrgrl

support