Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Ups and downs!  (Read 969 times)

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
Ups and downs!
« on: September 09, 2004, 01:28:34 AM »
Hey! ;)

Am not feeling to well lately :(. Well I was feeling ok, had a few fantastic days with my friends and 2 of our OS, we went out to town, got drunk, went out all night and managed to work the next day (Well OS (youngest one) was on call so he strumbled in at 11am ;D beer still in his eyes ;D). Went to sea side with my boyfriend and had fun, we are preparing a nice evening with all his friend back at his place (he moved recently and is giving a little party) etc.

On the other hand I am a mess... My throat has been sore and hurting for over 4 weeks and it seems I have chroinc tonsillitis and major grass allergy. If it doesn't get better tonsils need to be removed. LKuckily pain got better but my throat is just not ok... Have to check in with the ENTdr this week. Doing my best to avoid surgery ::). Kneewise my L one has it's occasional aching. My R one is bad. It has been like this since march and no improvement yet. I don't want to go back to my OS as I just know he'll suggest a scope. I have been working all day, my knee is painfull inside and my leg/foot sleep from my knee down. The click on the inside still present. I don't have pain while I walk but anything else hurts inside. I have been taking anything and everything still no improvement.
At work our boss is giving us a very hard time. We have to do double shifts, give up our days off and we can't do anything right. 2 nurses to take care of 30 ortho patients... my knee is killing me, I am sooo tired...

I am planning to visit a cave in october with a collegue. I really want to go, but on the other hand I have my doubts. I will wear braces and kneepads but...you know ::) Would like to visit my OS before that to get another dose of cortisone :-/ but should I do that just to go on a fun trip to the cave?  :-X I want to enjoy myself down there, I really want to go see that cave, enjoy myself and not stay in the chalet watch TV...

Man I am sorry to ramble, but I am in a depressed mood. not depressed really but down :-[

I needed to vent, I am caught between 2 fires (well it feels like that in all ways) and I know you guys understand. I should complaign mor ein real life but I keep it all to myself...

Sorry to vent :-[ (again)

Helena
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline Beauzer

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • I want to become the person my dog thinks I am
Re: Ups and downs!
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2004, 03:05:57 AM »
Hi Helena,

Don't worry about venting, that's why we're all here.

Sorry to hear about your throat!  (And knees too...)  It sounds like you had fun on your days out though ;D

Danielle
32 - R knee gone to hell
lat. meniscus 94
ACL, chondroplasty 98
Chondroplasty 99
Screw fell out into joint, med. meniscus, microfracture 99
MCL/med. capsule recon, med. meniscus 00
Chondroplasty 04
Chrondroplasty 1/05
OATS 4/05 for OCD lesion
AVN, MFC fracture 10/05

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2004, 05:51:36 PM »
Helena!

Get those tonsils out, girlie!  I'm not going to lie- post-op was the worst pain of my life.  But, on a positive note:  I lost a few pounds, and haven't been sick AT ALL since the surgery.  Before, I would always catch a cold.  My throat was always sore.  I don't miss them at all!

Hugs!

Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2004, 07:37:46 PM »
Hey Helena !!

I can here life is though on you right now. Well about tonsillies get the SILLY ones out, ok it's surgery but quite common and easy one and you will feel much better without them.
Knees yes indeed we love and hate them. If the cave will give you a lot I would do everything to go there.
Sending you tons of hugs.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.