Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Not a happy bunny........  (Read 1336 times)

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • Love me love my knees!
Not a happy bunny........
« on: September 03, 2004, 04:25:39 AM »
...Ok, so I'm probably moaning again....but whats new!

At the moment, I don't feel like me...... I'm still having really bad pain problems, its a horrible achey grating pain that wont budge and the worst is the shooting pain coming from where my OS took my hammy graft. Codiene isn't touching any of it and I don't know what to do next? Icing gives relief when its on, and elevating makes it worse. I have seen my GP and he prescribed me more codiene phosphate but hes reluctant to do so as I have crappy kidneys as well, I don't know why as i told him codiene makes no difference? The constant pain is making me have real problems sleeping, nothing is comfortable. I've tried pillows elevation (I can't take the brace off 'cause I fidget too much).

....While I was at my Gps he removed my steri-strips.....I thought that I would be ok with scars, but I'm not at all. I'm absolutely mortified by the size of the one on my shin. Also as the steri strips where stuck down so tightly the edges aren't laying flush anymore, but they're sticking up and some are lumpy and others are weepy.

.....Making matters worse I go back to school on Monday as the dragon of a tutor, wouldn't change my rotation. I don't know what I'm gonna do 'cause the first shift is 16 hrs and I can't stand for more than 15 minutes max or walk for more than 5 without the horrible teeth clenching seering pain grate under my knee cap. The dragon doesn't see this as a problem!

......To top things off, the lack of my boyfriend who should have arrived home 2 days ago was explained, as hes been in a climbing accident in Northen Africa. Hes ok, scrapes and bruises, but hes now gotta wait for a flight back to the uk, which could take a while.... when I just wanna see him safe back home.

I'm sorry, u guys don't wanna hear all this, but I find it easier writing things down than talking and I'm fed up of trying to be happy and brave when all I wanna do is cry. I know that thing will brighten up....It just requires time....!

I need sleep, I want my sanity back

A very very tierdy and unhappy

Em :'(
xxxx
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Shallow trochlear groove, Patella Alta & tight ITB dx '03
Right Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope 2004
Left Modified Galeazzi, LR  2005
Redo Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope and medial reefing 2007
Right redislocation 2014

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: Not a happy bunny........
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 05:05:00 AM »
oh em..i'm so sorry..i wish you were here i think i could cheer you up..watching a yankee game...got some chinese food..sodas..beer if you want it....large selection of vikes..great movies good tunes..ice cream...sorry you've just hit a bad patch i'm in one myself but i feel for you specially since you want to be w/ your guy so bad and he's banged up and delayed..anyway..anything i can do..lemme know..think i IMed you from the office...stay strong and pls let me know how you're doin..as you know i'm usually up till 3am if i got to bed at all..so im me if you want on yahoo as well..on my profile

big hug and good thoughts for you and your guy

cheers

ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 09:33:11 AM »
Hey !!

Try see if you can lend a TENS unit. It's electrical stimulation you can have constant or in poulse. You set some plates around the joint and can wear it both day and night if you want to. It can help. Has no effect at all at your kidneys !! Ask your phys or your doc.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Love me love my knees!
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2004, 02:21:57 PM »
Tanks guys.....I guess just having a pants couple of days.

The irony is, is that I had a lovely time with my mates yesterday evening, who turned up for enforced! surprised fun..... we had thai and they had brought all the films with colin firth in they could find!

I suppose the good thing is I've just woken up, fell asleep at about 9 woke up at 10 and then dozed for the rest....so I guess that I'm getting somewhere.

Thanks Ron ......I've decided that 10 weeks is far too long not to see my bloke for since i stipulated that i don't do the long distance thing..!

Netten, I've thought about one of those.....I'll have to get it though my physio though and at the moment I'm not seeing her for another 2 weeks.....

Well time to try and fight the green in my blonde hair (yep that made me sad as well, my bleach blonde has gone green!) and make myself socially acceptable

Emx

« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 07:19:27 PM by BridgetJones_uk »
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Right redislocation 2014

Offline BuffettBarbie

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2004, 06:17:24 PM »
Em-with-the-green-hair!

I hope you are feeling better, chickie!  I wouldn't worry about the ugly scar- you can tell people a shark bit you!  A couple of companies make this thing called "Scar Therapy."  You basically keep putting these latex-like patches on your body for a few months.  They actually do make your scar fade faster, and keep it from getting "hard and lumpy."  You just have to wait until the steri strips come off.

Hugs,
Chris  :)
Lateral Release- Left Knee (Feb 2001)
Lateral Release- Right Knee (April 2001)
Fulkerson's TTO, Lateral Release, & Scope- Right Knee (20 Aug 2004)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2004, 06:39:19 PM »
hang in there em..actually i have gone to the uk for quick 2 day trips so i could bring some movies by and keep you company...lol....it'll get better...just get thru it the best way you can..feel what you need to feel..and cut yourself some slack it's been a rough road for you but i know things will get better....

hugs and sunshine..yabba dabba doo it's friday!

ron

Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Love me love my knees!
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2004, 07:19:55 PM »
Well I'm back at school......Though maybe its not the best idea I've had in a while, I'm still not a happy bunny........

After being given a 10hr crash course in psychiatry....supposidly I am now knowledgeable to have patients.....thats the biggest joke ever! The ward is on the 4th floor, the resturant in the basement and if I'm going or trying to go quickly to attend a call I'm absolutely lethal on the stairs

My cankle is back and obese knee are back with avengence and there both blue again.

I've been signed off sick by my os,  but I haven't told uni as I'll have to repeat my 7 wk rotation, which isn't possible as I only have 4 wjs of holiday. I can't miss it an occur a fail  whcih I can't have as at the mo I'm predicted a distinction which I'm pretty proud of.

I think tonight is gonna require alot of thinking.

Em
xxx
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Right redislocation 2014