Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Microfracture and the future!  (Read 816 times)

Offline dadsgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Microfracture and the future!
« on: September 06, 2004, 06:18:39 AM »
Hello!  I have to say I am so glad this site is here, I have got more info from here than my surgeon!  I had stage IV chronal defect and had microfracture 1 month ago today.  I haven't had much unbearable pain, except in the good leg which is holding all 110 lbs of weight!  My problem is ice cold and swollen leg and foot!  The doc sent me for an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot, and none was found although the er doc said that doesn't mean there isn't one and it doesn't always show up on the 1st ultrasound.  When I am up 10 minutes in the morning the swelling starts!  I am NWB for 2 more weeks........what happens after the 2 weeks are up?  My appt with the doc was for 9/23 but the ER doc said to call for an appt on the 7th!  Guess thats a good thing, maybe I will find out what happens next!  The "good" knee burns like the bad one used to when I get up and the doc told me I probably have the same defect in the other knee!  In laymans terms I have a hole in my femur and ACL the size of a quarter!  Genzyme Biosurgery's implantation was his 1st choice, but alas no Ins Co will pay for it!  Thank You for and advice or info and thank you for a great website!
arthroscopy.May 2004,microfracture left knee, Aug 2004, debridement and menisectomy Dec 2005  New OS March 2005 !!!

Offline dadsgirl

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Microfracture and the future!
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2004, 06:18:39 AM »
Hello!  I have to say I am so glad this site is here, I have got more info from here than my surgeon!  I had stage IV chronal defect and had microfracture 1 month ago today.  I haven't had much unbearable pain, except in the good leg which is holding all 110 lbs of weight!  My problem is ice cold and swollen leg and foot!  The doc sent me for an ultrasound to rule out a blood clot, and none was found although the er doc said that doesn't mean there isn't one and it doesn't always show up on the 1st ultrasound.  When I am up 10 minutes in the morning the swelling starts!  I am NWB for 2 more weeks........what happens after the 2 weeks are up?  My appt with the doc was for 9/23 but the ER doc said to call for an appt on the 7th!  Guess thats a good thing, maybe I will find out what happens next!  The "good" knee burns like the bad one used to when I get up and the doc told me I probably have the same defect in the other knee!  In laymans terms I have a hole in my femur and ACL the size of a quarter!  Genzyme Biosurgery's implantation was his 1st choice, but alas no Ins Co will pay for it!  Thank You for and advice or info and thank you for a great website!
arthroscopy.May 2004,microfracture left knee, Aug 2004, debridement and menisectomy Dec 2005  New OS March 2005 !!!

support