Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Again?  (Read 1098 times)

Offline Madison

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Again?
« on: September 05, 2004, 04:18:07 AM »
I had acl/mcl repair in January and just recently have been playing basketball again (since the end of July). But now my knee is bothering me again.  Not too bad just enuff to slow me down.  Im icing afterwards and i dont know maybe I'm just being paraniod but I really dont want to have to go thru all of that again. I just wanna play baskeball and softball this year.

Offline Madison

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Again?
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2004, 04:18:07 AM »
I had acl/mcl repair in January and just recently have been playing basketball again (since the end of July). But now my knee is bothering me again.  Not too bad just enuff to slow me down.  Im icing afterwards and i dont know maybe I'm just being paraniod but I really dont want to have to go thru all of that again. I just wanna play baskeball and softball this year.

Offline SLISTY

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
Re: Again?
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2004, 11:32:38 AM »
I had a tear diagnosed in May of this year and was operated on in June, 50% was removed but i felt fine and started light sport at the beginning of August. 3 weeks ago i noticed a pain in the same knee so went back to my O/S who carried out a MRI scan which has diagnosed another tear, i now have to have the lot removed. If you are worried then i would advise to see someone about it, there is no point leaving your knee if it is giving you pain on the off chance it will improve.

Offline SLISTY

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2004, 11:32:38 AM »
I had a tear diagnosed in May of this year and was operated on in June, 50% was removed but i felt fine and started light sport at the beginning of August. 3 weeks ago i noticed a pain in the same knee so went back to my O/S who carried out a MRI scan which has diagnosed another tear, i now have to have the lot removed. If you are worried then i would advise to see someone about it, there is no point leaving your knee if it is giving you pain on the off chance it will improve.

Offline Madison

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2004, 07:45:43 AM »
Yeah prolly should.. Im just not wantin to go  :-/ I was just kinda hopin this would all just go away.

Offline Madison

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2004, 07:45:43 AM »
Yeah prolly should.. Im just not wantin to go  :-/ I was just kinda hopin this would all just go away.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2004, 06:23:25 PM »
Could you elaborate more on the symtoms you are experiancing and the specifics of your surgery such as grafts.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

Offline ATsoccergirl

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 1
  • Practice safe sports, use an athletic trainer
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2004, 06:23:25 PM »
Could you elaborate more on the symtoms you are experiancing and the specifics of your surgery such as grafts.
1999 LR, 2002 ACL/PLC recon, reversal of LR, 2004 ACL revision, 2006 Car accident torn PCL and small fractures resulting in bone chips in my knee.  Torn MCL 3 times.  Wicked screws under IT band and Pes Anserine.  June 2008-Hip Arthroscopy.

support