• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
mri
« on: September 03, 2004, 06:58:11 AM »
posted this in know each other as well... :-/
Hey All~
Well how is everyone today?!  im well i guess to say the least.   school stress and waiting for mri results.  well i finally got em today.  The MRIs were considered inconclusive i think it is and i am heading for an arthroscopy to remove a very inflammed plica that just isnt getting any treatment to work, sometime later this year.   Still using the anti-inflamms, using new one.  As you all know about my year struggle with this (see below).  But please...dont worry guys, this guy is my 2nd opinon on everything and im at my end wits right now.  I am opting to wait it all out and everything till i cant go on.  It'll be alot easier for me in the spring (hopin nothin goes wrong during hockey season).     well thats all for now i guess, still workin at pt and everything so im working! haha   talk to u guys lata!
keep it real!
~Mandy "Party hockey girl"  

21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • Love me love my knees!
Re: mri
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 02:29:39 PM »
They may give you pretty but they're not always right!

Mandy its been said before about the acurracy of the scans....They're good and useful and have revolunsiozed the way patholgies are imaged, but they're not always right....they need to be teamed with a good OS and radiologist to review them.

.....Mine both came back as normal twice and though my cartilage was ok,  my MPFL wasn't. My OS took a look, but also did the repair which he knew he would find while I was under.

If your gonna play the season....please be careful!
Em
xxx

Just re-read the post....My english is awful!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2004, 07:24:04 PM by BridgetJones_uk »
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Shallow trochlear groove, Patella Alta & tight ITB dx '03
Right Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope 2004
Left Modified Galeazzi, LR  2005
Redo Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope and medial reefing 2007
Right redislocation 2014

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 05:16:01 PM »
Mandy, i replied to one of your other posts then remembered this one. I too had a plica removal. If you have any questions, just IM me.

Missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Linds

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 3
  • worry about what you can change!
    • Linney and Kitty's Website
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2004, 12:16:30 AM »
Hey MAndy, MRI's are notorious for being WRONG , wrong and wrong again and for not showing what is actually going on. Trust me, i've had 5 MRI's and only one showed inflammation and arthritic change, that one was the last one I had done on my right knee. My OS uses them to rule out meniscus, ligament damage, but not to diagnose other problems. Have you ever had a set of Skyline xrays done on your knees. To examine the position of the patella in the femoral trochlea? If you haven't that might be a good idea to request that.  

I really hope that the anti inflammatories help you soon. What are you taking? Sometimes it just takes awhile to find the one that works for you, trust me I went through 5 different kinds. But I did finally find stuff that worked.

If you need anything or have any questions, don't hesitate to ask.  :) Only too glad to try and help others... cause I know what all of this is like!

Take care
Linds

1997 Scope RK
2002 LR RK
2002 Scope and hematoma evac RK
2004 LR LK
May 06 Fall from Horse, partial ACL tear and meniscus injury, Tibial plateau injury
2007 Scope, Plica Excision and Debride LK
2009/2010- Possibly Ankylosing Spondylitis?

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2004, 12:33:07 AM »
Hey hey!
Linds thanks for the reply and the IM. :)    ive also heard bad things about mri's myself.. :-/  o well i guess.  anyways yes i have had skyline pics of my knees before and they are horribly malaligned (see below).  hope to get all of this stuff working out soon, hockey starts in two weeks and i go back to the os in two week.  see how everything goes!  
thanks again linds!
~Mandy "party hockey girl" ;D
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

support