Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: WHEN WILL I WALK FREE AGAIN???  (Read 872 times)

Offline MOMX4KL

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
WHEN WILL I WALK FREE AGAIN???
« on: September 01, 2004, 08:44:08 PM »
Hello!  I'm a new poster to this board although I have read from this board a lot!  I broke my fibia along with my tibia plateau fracture on 6/5/04.  I was in a hard cast and a plastic brace with hardware on the sides for 3 months.  I just finally got the O.K. to start fwb 10 days ago and I am currently using my walker for assistance.  What I am wondering is.....how long has it taken most of you to finally be able to walk again?  My fracture required no surgery (by the grace of God) which after reading most of these posts, I was extremely lucky.  I have been having P.T. for the past month with another month to go.  I walk like I am 90 years old.  My range of motion is 10-95 and my PT says that I've got to get the last 10 degrees down so that I will be able to flex when walking.  I've gone through bouts of crying, depression, anxiety the whole nine yards and I am sorta seeing the 'light at the end of the tunnel' but I am really CURIOUS to how long it takes to get back to pretty much walking by myself and able to resume my chores..................HELP ...................... PLEASE.

Thanks so much and this site has been a GOD SEND for me! :)

MOMX4KL