Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: MRI reports...?  (Read 1632 times)

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
MRI reports...?
« on: September 01, 2004, 05:11:55 AM »
Hey all!~
and how are we all feeling today?!  haha.  im doing as good as i can expect.  anti inflamms still not working,  hope they kick in soon.  anyways on to my question...  after reading all of the stuff on this board i've always wondered somthing about the MRI.  I just had one yesterday, my first one.  What i was wondering is about the mri reports ppl here talk about.  Do you just automatically get those reports or do u have to request them from the OS???  Just kinda curious,  want to see what my report has to say about these lovely joints of mine! jk....... any answer would be great!   thanks to those who reply! ;D
keep it real
~Mandy "party hockey girl" ;D
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: MRI reports...?
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2004, 05:14:01 PM »
Mandy, my OS told me the results when I had my next appt. Of course what the MRI said was wrong and what was actually wrong were two very different things. MRI said torn meniscus,,,,,,, nope, large defect in the medial femoral chondyle. HUGE difference. Didnt find this out until I allowed my third opinion OS to actually do surgery. Good luck but dont put too much weight on the MRI results. Different people who read it will have different opinions on what is wrong or it could just show that nothing is wrong but you truly have a problem in there.

Best wishes
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Golfinbev

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
Re: MRI reports...?
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2004, 11:15:13 PM »
Mandy.........I went to the hospital...where I had my MRI..and went to medical records and ask for a copy of my MRI.......I got mine.....before my Dr has  seen it.......so I already know what is says.........Not sure if thats a good idea.except now I am prepared to ask more  questions...........Good luck with yours....Bev in Michigan