Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Are injections suppose to work immediately  (Read 1512 times)

Offline Xrayqueen

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • Proud Bird
Are injections suppose to work immediately
« on: August 29, 2004, 02:59:48 AM »
I had a Lt. medial Meniscus tear and Baker's cyst repaired 12/03. OS removed 25% of menicus. I returned to work 04/04. I was feeling like I was on the road to recovery. Than in May I started working 6 hours a day. I work as an Xray Technologist so I'm on my feet most of the day. I drove to Las Vegas which is a 4 hour drive away (automatic car). Upon returning I started to have bilateral knee pain. Which is so severe I cannot make it from one side of my house to the other. The only way I can function at work is I ordered Vicodin and Soma on line. All the anti-inflammatory were doing was making me sick. I can function for 5 hours and then the pain is intense. When I get home I take 1 Vicodin and 1 Soma and sit with ice for an hour. The OS that did the surgury is a real jerk. I did not see him before the surgery or after. I believe the resident did the work. So his respouse to my issues is theres nothing else he can do for me and released me from his care. I informed Workmans Comp. about the problem and they ordered another MRI (bilateral) and refered me to another OS. the results from the MRI were that on the operated LT. knee I have a huge oblique tear,mild effusion,post surgical changes involving Hoffa's fat pad,and Anterior cruciate ligament strain. On the Rt. knee I also have small knee effusion and a small enchondroma and I have Intrameniscal degenerative changes in both knees. My new OS seems to be a very caring OS. He gave me Lidocaine injection mixed with Cortisone. I'm not feeling any real relief. I'm supposed to see him in 10 day's. He is trying to see if it is inflammatory problem or a mechanical problem. I have even been tested for Rhematoid fever it was negative. My new OS wants me to get Rhematoid factor results so hopefully I can get them before I see him. I was wondering does it  take a while for this type of injection to work ?? If anyone has any thoughts or suggestions on my conditions please feel free to post or contact me at [email protected] Sorry this post is so long . But I'm desparate for help  :'(
Peace  :)
BTW I'm 47 years young  :)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
Re: Are injections suppose to work immediately
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2004, 05:37:29 PM »
I had a cortizone injection on June 1st to try and break up some scar tissue and to numb some of the pain in my knee. It took a few days before I felt any relief whatsoever and it didnt last very long. The day of the injection my pain was a good 7 if I tried to bend my knee with any weight on it. The day after the injection, I couldnt even walk it hurt so bad. The cortizone didnt help the scar tissue at all but it did lower the pain to about a 4-5 for a couple of weeks. I never intend to have the injections again, for me personally, it wasnt worth it. I have read other stories of people who had wonderful results, maybe it will help you.
Good luck
missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia