Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: thank you guys :)  (Read 1332 times)

Offline allstardiva2005

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
    • Behind the Jersey
thank you guys :)
« on: August 26, 2004, 08:49:44 PM »
as many of you know, i've spent the past year trying to fix my knee. i had one surgery in Sept, but i pushed things to fast and needed another surgery. 2 weeks after that scope in Dec, i was back in a lot of pain.

i have spent the last 6 months trying to convince my ex-surgeon to operate and he wouldn't listen. i finally found a new and better surgeon, Dr. Kolowich (she operates on the Detroit Red Wings, Lions, and Tigers). i had an exploratory scope last monday and discovered that most of my medial meniscus left was completely shredded leaving me with only 35% of my anterior medial meniscus.

i'm happy to say that my knee feels great, i'm just taking naprosin now for the slight swelling. i am still pretty sore, but i don't have any medial pain-thank goodness. i saw my surgeon this morning and she was very pleased with my knee- just about complete ROM w/ little pain. so i'm going to PT, which is going great and getting a home e-stim unit to help w/ my very atrophied quads (since i haven't run in over a year). so its looking like i might be able to run track for my senior year- so happy!

anyways, i'm getting to the point. haha. i just wanted to say THANK YOU to everyone who has helped me in the past 6 months and for listening even when my surgeons didn't. thank you for all your encouraging thoughts and prayers! i will definately still be around here, but hopefully just helping others and not needing any myself ;) hehe. thanks again guys!!!

xoxo- Christy
Medial Meniscus Repair- '00,03
Partial Meniscectomy- '03, '04
ACL Reconstruction- '02
Exploratory Scope- '05
Allograft ACL Revision & Neuroma Excision- '06
Hardware Removal & Bone Filing- '06
Scar Tissue Removel- '07

** Medial meniscus transplant is in the near future... **

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Runs with scissors
Re: thank you guys :)
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2004, 04:10:46 AM »
Dear Christy:

That is just the most happy news ever!  And you certainly deserve to have things go your way after such a very long time of suffering and struggling to no avail.  It's truly amazing what the right doctor and a lot of patience and determination on your part can do...and I'm so proud of you and delighted for you that you now have such a bright and wonderful future to look forward to!

I know you still have work ahead of you, but I'm sure you'll stick with it...you're a fighter, kiddo!  It's been our pleasure to have had you to share our ups and downs with all these months, and we'll certainly look forward to hearing from you as you continue your successful recovery.

Good luck and lots of hugs!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: thank you guys :)
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2004, 09:29:26 AM »
Hey Christy !!

Amazing what right doc can do. I'm so happy for you.
Ofcourse we always share your ups and downs( I hope from now that you only get ups). Keep in touch and let us all know how your progress are.

Sunny hugs from nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.