Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: OUCH!!  (Read 1556 times)

Offline River525

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
OUCH!!
« on: September 08, 2004, 01:56:13 AM »
I just had my first injection of Synvisc today in both knees.  I'm almost nervous to write the rest because I don't want to scare anyone but oh my I am in agony and scared to death to return for the next round.

My OS said he couldn't numb my knees before the injections because the lidocaine interferes with the Synvisc.  Is this true?  Anyway.....

The left injection was ok. The right knee injection about killed me!  I'm home and if feels like someone took a hammer to my knee.  My OS said that this knee was apparently more inflammed than the other and it should  get better.  He massaged it for a bit before I left and said he could hear the solution in my knee swishing around as I was in agony.

Needless to say I am now terrified to go back next week for the next round.  Do I take it easy and rest the knee or do I move around a lot ?  Any thoughts???  
L knee scoped 1x - 80's
R knee scoped 2x - 80's
L knee lateral release - '03
R knee lateral release - '04
L knee scoped to repair LR - '04
Cortisone injections
Synvisc injections Sept '04

Offline missmyknee

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 23
  • From the Land of OZ
Re: OUCH!!
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2004, 03:36:11 AM »
Hi River

I had synvisc a year ago. My first shot was not pleasant , but tolerable. The second shot was very painful , ended up using crutches for 2 days. I think it was from OSs partner giving it , He injected in a different spot and maybe his technique wasn't as good. The 3rd shot was better. There was about 2 days of discomfort and pressure undr the patella and then it was better. My OS said to take it easy on the knee for about 2 days after each injection. My OS said it would take about 3-4 weeks after the 3rd shot to see if it helped. He also said if there was swelling and redness to let them know. Unfortunately, the shots did not help me.

Good luck to you. I hope they help.

Pam
4Fx Clsd red
IMrod fib plate
derotate osteotmy tibfib
AF
IPCS patbaja
DeLeeOsteotmy,LOA,LR Zplasty,bongrf,chondrplty
chondrplty,LOA,fatpad remvd
TKR
openLOA,neurectmy,ITB Zplasty,fabela
PLC recon,revison,LOA,synovec