Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 14 wks post-op, still have pain  (Read 906 times)

Offline bluedog

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
14 wks post-op, still have pain
« on: August 22, 2004, 11:38:36 PM »
Hi all,

I'm just over 14 weeks post op and I still have some medial pain.  mostly only when I fully extend my knee.  I'm wondering if this could be related to the microfracturing not healing correctly. Or if this has anything to do the ACL recon or the part of medial meniscus I had removed.  The OCD was the bonus they discovered when the went in for the ACL and menicus.  The pain isn't too bad but it has me worried that I may need an OATS.  And I'm not happy about that.  I also have some catching when I bend my knee after having it straight.  My OS was really happy with my progress 6 weeks ago and I see him again this week.  Is this normal or is something still not as it should be?

Blue

P.S. Other than the little bit of pain that I have I am happy with how things have gone.  I only had 2 months of PT and was only off work for 3 1/2 weeks
Tore ACL 13yrs ago playing soccer - rehabed, no surgery
Surgery on May 12, 2004 - ACL recon (tibial tendon allograft) 3 medial meniscus tears removed, discovered large OCD (mircofractured)

Offline bluedog

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: 14 wks post-op, still have pain
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2004, 06:57:37 PM »
Well here's an update.  I just got back from the OS.  He said that everything is doing really well.  Most of what I'm feeling (catching and sore spots) are to be expected.  I'm not yet 4 months out and it really takes 6 - 12 months to get back to normal.  I just need to keepworking out and get stronger.  I am still pretty small muscle wise.  

The good news is that I don't have go back and see him unless I'm having problems.  The bad news is that I'm gonna have arthritis because of the OCD.  Oh Well.   :-/

Blue
Tore ACL 13yrs ago playing soccer - rehabed, no surgery
Surgery on May 12, 2004 - ACL recon (tibial tendon allograft) 3 medial meniscus tears removed, discovered large OCD (mircofractured)