Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: patella/quad pain  (Read 1351 times)

Offline tbeck

• MINIgeek (20-50 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
patella/quad pain
« on: August 20, 2002, 10:41:50 AM »
I am new to the forum, but not to knee problems.  I had surgery on my right knee last Dec. on plica and cartilage cleanup and was feeling great.  I was running and planted on my right leg and my knee buckled and I felt pain around my kneecap and quad tendon region along with weakness.  It has been 4 weeks and my knee keeps on making these popping noises from where my kneecap and quad tendon meet.  I went back to another docter today for a second opinion and he ordered an MRI because he thinks I damaged the cartilage under my patella and my quad has signifigantly atrophied in one month.  If I do have damage to my cartilage what is the fix?  I have a lot of disconfort and I feel as if my patella is jumping around as it pops.  Thanks in advance for your help!
LR on right Knee 10/17/02 plica and cartilage cleanup 12/2001, 4 scopes left knee for plica and medial meniscus issues from 4/1992-2/2000

Offline vlatka

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Re: patella/quad pain
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2002, 11:43:44 PM »
hey there
i had experienced something like that after running. if your quads became weaker the pain will be stronger. try to work out your qoud muscles. it is going to hurt but that is the only way to stop that pain. i fell pain on my quad tendon too bet i was diagnosedwith patello-femoral sindrome and had LR on may 3rd. i have popping in my knee after surgery but i thing that for now the most important thing is to bring your quad back in shape. and go to PT. good luck. tell me if this worked.

support