Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Knee pain and stiffness  (Read 961 times)

Offline raincity

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Knee pain and stiffness
« on: August 21, 2004, 03:39:13 AM »
I posted a message few days ago and didn't get any reponse  :(.
Can someone please help me?
I dislocated my left knee 14 years ago. I didn't get any surgery (it wasn't recommeded) and everything was very close to normal until 10 days ago. I was walking around the house and felt sudden, sharp pain in my left knee, somewhere to the left of the knee cap. That was followed by a more general pain at movement and stiffness.  
I can only wlak very slowly because of the pain and stiffness.  I assumed it was some kind of arthritis and tried to get a lot of rest.
Does anyone know what else it could be?

Thank you!

Aura

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: Knee pain and stiffness
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2004, 04:34:02 PM »
Hey !!

Welcome here and I'm really sorry that you didn't get an answer last time you wrote. Maybe the ones who were in that day didn't have anything to come up with on your question and therefor didn't leave any answer to you. Remember all of us in here havekneeproblems and we can share our experiences but we are no docs.
Are you sure that it really didn't happen anything when you felt that sharp sudden pain ? F.i. if you put more weight on your knee than normal ?
If you still feel the pain and rest,elevate and ice doesn't help I really would considering seeing an orthopeadic surgeon. If you have arthritis there are different kinds of treatment to reduce pain and stiffness.
Let me know how you doing.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
Re: Knee pain and stiffness
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2004, 09:31:33 PM »
Aura-

I would check it out with an OS....It is really impossible to say if this is related to arthritis or not, but an OS should be able to give you a heads up on what it is.

In the meantime, rest and ice will probably be your best friend.

-Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

support