Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Raining knees ??  (Read 1169 times)

Offline Beth_T

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • Knees - who came up with the idea?
Raining knees ??
« on: August 19, 2004, 07:58:15 PM »
Hi Everyone

Does anybody's knee hurt when it rains??

Mine hurts something chronic about an hour before and for a few hours after.  :'(

What is it?  Atmos pressure changes?

It's been raining on and off all day in the UK today and to quote the old rhyme "rain rain go away, come again another day!!!"  In fact go away and don't come back! Grrrr!!  Knees!!!!

Luv Beth x
Had a not needed LR op due to a fall
Found out that nerve damage was causing the pain, acupuncture worked - all ok :)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: Raining knees ??
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 08:24:21 PM »
I can predict when it is going to rain based on how my knee and ankle are feeling that day. My husband calls me his little weathe woman. LOL. I think it is the atmospheric pressure that does it.

Missy
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 06:03:53 PM »
Hey !!

Agree here I know when's snow and rain coming.
For me the problem is when it's too much humidity out.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Beth_T

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Knees - who came up with the idea?
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2004, 09:48:52 PM »
Ah! glad it's not just me then !!

Nettan - I'm coming to live with you in sunny Sweden  :P
- does it even rain there??

Missy - your nickname is really sweet.

Hugs to all

Beth in Rainy, Wet, Damp and Horrible England!!
Had a not needed LR op due to a fall
Found out that nerve damage was causing the pain, acupuncture worked - all ok :)

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2004, 10:32:33 PM »
Hey there!

I can definitely tell when the barometric pressure changes even the slightest bit.  More than the pain in my knees though is the pain in my wrists and ankles....I guess it i due to the much more severe arthritis I have in them.

Lol....I have never been wrong at predicting rain yet (but thank goodness we don't get too much in sunny southern California as I don't know if I could deal with the pain....It gets HORRIBLE!!!).  I have had about 14 years of practice in the predicting weather department, I have been doing it since I was 12.  My husband still gets kinda wierded out by it....Hehehe.

Hugs-
Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline wimple

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2004, 10:34:44 PM »
Hi there,
Also in wet, damp horrible England - knee definitely knows when its going to rain (which is most of the time! ::) Hope you enjoy Sweden, I lived in Finland for a short time, if Sweden has the same kind of climate, they tend to have more definite 'seasons' than the UK - ie its known to be very wet in the Autumn. All the best to you

Offline XxSkittlezxX

• Regular Poster
    • My Myspace
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2004, 03:17:51 AM »
I can also tell when it's going to rain, or snow... I've broken my arm, my ankel twice and my wrist and when it rains, I prefer to stay in bed because I ache all over.  It sucks!  

1/15/04 = ACL Rupture (fully torn)
11/17/04 = ACL Recon. Surgery

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2004, 09:38:34 AM »
Hey !!

Yes ,it does rain in Sweden and when it starts it really RAINS !!! I live in a area quite near the coast but not near enough to call either coast climat or innerland climat so therefor we often have by the best weather in our country. Yesterday f.i. had to call my husband to pick us up just a little bite form home. We had been out giving the birds bread by the river and took an icecream and suddenly it started thunder,rain and storm. My poor son had to bike home cause he couldn't leave the bike there. But after changing clothes and a cup of hot chololate everyone was ok.
A QUESTION; you who suffers from rain have you chronic inflammation ? Cause I believe it's this which hurts when the rain comes for me. I have also nervpain, but that feels differently.

Hugs nettan ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline christinaz

• Forum Faithful
  • hindsight is 20/20
« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2004, 10:08:55 AM »
I can tell when there is going to be any extreme change in weather.  Rain or snow or a severe drop in temperature cause an aching pain that wont go away.  Extremely severe weather(ie: a tornado, severe thunderstorms that cause flooding, pretty much anything that the national weather service puts warnings about) I can prdict with scary accuracy within about an hour before the warnings go out because the pain is so sharp and severe that it knocks me down.  My husband always tells me to trust the forecasters and not my knee but then always tells me afterward that I was right again.

Christina
3 scopes rt knee, acl recon pt graft rt knee,  rev acl recon allograft rt knee,  Hardware removal, lysis of scar tissue, ITBS, sublaxation, sensory peripheral neuropathy, DDD, arthritis, RSD, mystery hardware, flexion contracture, disuse atrophy, muscular wasting, constant fatigue, acl recon lt knee

support