Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: 2 1/2 weeks post op *update*  (Read 940 times)

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
    • My photo album
2 1/2 weeks post op *update*
« on: August 18, 2004, 06:34:31 AM »
I am now 2 1/2 weeks post op and got my stitches out today. The incision looks pretty good. He  cut out the old one (scar) and gave me a new "bikini cut". Funny thing is , it may be more narrow, but it is 2 inches longer LOL, nah, no one will notice that LOL.  Anyway, OS was thrilled with regained ROM, I can almost touch my rear end with my heel. He is mystified by the back of the knee pain that I am currently having. Pathology report came back, definately fibrosis. I thougt, well duh? Isnt that why we did this surgery???? The continued pain during quad sets and SLRs is simply because of the tissue he removed (in other words,, im sore LOL).
He added the horrible exercise bike to my pt now. I hate that thing and it hates me but my quads are mush soooooooo I guess I will learn to love the bike or die trying.  I just wanted to let everyone know how it went. So far so good, maybe this is my last surgery  ;D (crossing fingers and toes here).

Missy
« Last Edit: August 19, 2004, 05:24:49 PM by stgiles16 »
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline stgiles16

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • My photo album
Re: 2 1/2 weeks post op * update *
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2004, 05:23:56 PM »
I was allowed to walk some yesterday without the crutches. OH man do I hurt today. And then just  for good measure, I almost fell and it HURT. I was moving towels from the dryer to be folded and one hit the ground. I didnt see it and stepped on it with my "good" leg. It promptly slid out from under me and when I tried to catch myself with the "bad " knee, it landed on the same darn towel so I did an almost split and my knee felt like it split with it. OUCH. So now I am sitting here at the pute, just "walked"  in from the kitchen and my bad knee collapsed. Surgery was supposed to stop that. It has done it 5 times since surgery. I am hoping it is just weak quads. UGH, just when you think things are turning your way,,,,,WHAM, darn knee pulls a gotcha again.   I dont think I did any real damage but shoot that hurts. Gonna go ice this bad boy for a while and hope for the best.

Have a good day everyone and be careful

Missy
(wishing I had been more careful)
2 ligament recons right ankle
2 arthroscopic,
5 open knee procedures
2 Plica removals
bone spur removal
2 microfractures
4 debridements
2 open LOAs all on left knee
Arthritis,both knees, ankles, shoulders, elbows, hands,spine
Fibromyalgia
Arthrofibrosis
LOA & PKR 2/15/06
RA
in pain mgmt
TKR JAN 2012

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
Re: 2 1/2 weeks post op *update*
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2004, 06:20:11 AM »
Oh, Missy!

You poor thing...you've GOT TO BE MORE CAREFUL! (well, duh!)  I know that's easy for me to say, but there are so many little things out there that wouldn't normally be dangerous (like towels) that are just land mines for us kneegeeks!  Hope you got some ice on that knee right away.

I'm awfully impressed with your ROM at this point already.  Can you really nearly touch your heel to your butt?  I'm not sure I could do that BEFORE my surgery (well, I'm kinda old...he-he-he!).  Like you, I pretty much HATE the stationary bike, but I know I've got to do it to get that muscle tone back.  Before my recent fall, I was up to about 20-25 minutes 3x a week in PT.  Kinda wish I was actually GOING someplace, you know?

As far as your longer scar is concerned, just try to think of it as a "character line."  We kneegeeks just have more "character" than others...and lots of more interesting stories to tell! ;D  I'm sure it doesn't detract in the least from your real beauty...the sweetness you show everyone here every day!

Good luck with your rehab, and beware dangerous linens lurking about!

Hugs, honey!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04