Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: My Op has been brought forward Ouch!!  (Read 1097 times)

Offline Jax33

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • Pain Free Knees Pleaseeeeeeeeeeee
My Op has been brought forward Ouch!!
« on: August 17, 2004, 02:24:50 AM »
Hi guys,
I'm still in a state of disbelief  :-/.  Phoned the OS's secretary today to see how the old NHS waiting list was coming on (November the earliest I was told last time!) and she said we have a cancellation can you come in on Friday.  The words 'Yes Course I can' came out of my mouth but now knowing I am going for my pre op booking tomorrow and Arthroscopy and possible LR (again!) on Friday is very scary.  I feel very nervous having been there twice before and like a lot of you Iam counting down. :'(   I am worried that if I have another LR again I may end up with a lot of scar tissue, what do you guys think? Is it inevitable on a second Op?  
                                 Jax
LR left knee 05/01 and LR on right knee 09/01
CP both knees.
Scope RK 20/9  LR , anterior horn tear medial meniscus.  Grade 3 - 4 changes LFP and debridement also LR and Meniscus tear LK 11/04. Fulkerson TTT 7th July

Offline anasta5ia

• Forum Faithful
Re: My Op has been brought forward Ouch!!
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2004, 03:25:36 AM »
Hey Jax-

Scar tissues in not inevitible just because you are having a repeat operation.  Some people are just really prone to forming it, but others are not.

The only time I have had any problem with scar tissue was after my lateral release when I ended up with a huge hematoma that we didn't know about until it was too late and coagulated.  Other than that, I have had 5 other procedures to my right knee and have NEVER had any issues with scar tissue forming.  In fact, it seems that I have just the opposite problem.  My knee refuses to form scar tissue in areas where my OS wants it to.....Oh well, I would rather be plagued with the problem of not forming any than having it run rampant in my joint.  Lol....I guess I better knock on wood now since I am having my 7th surgery on my right knee on Sept. 2nd and with my luck, now that I have said that I don't form scar tissue, I will suddenly form gobs of it.

Good luck with your surgery.

Hugs-
Heather G.
Rt. knee-plica resection, LR, 4 TTTs, MPFL repair & 2 MPFL reconstructions
Lt. knee-2 TTTs, & 2 MPFL reconstructions...
Scheduled for bilateral hardware removal, lt. knee TT revision, MPFL recon and LR recon with new wonderful surgeon.
Plus 9 other orthopedic surgeries

Offline AndrewC

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2004, 03:53:58 AM »
HI

Your op has been brought forward by the NHS ???
Thats got to be a good omen!!
And just think.....you will have had the op and be well into your recovery by the time your original date would have been coming round (November)!!

ps/ I totally agree with anasta5ia in the post above.....just because it is a second op does not mean that scar tissue is inevitable

All the best....

Big bucket handle tear to lateral meniscus from sporting injury. Arthroscopy and meniscal repair carried out June 2004. sloooowwww recovery!!

2018 - torn medial meniscus in RH knee, partial extrusion. ongoing issues,

Offline Jax33

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2004, 09:03:26 PM »
Thanks Heather and Andrew,
It's really good to get support.  I went to my booking in today and how it all came flooding back to me :'(.  I was told that with the second Arthroscopy and possible LR the Scar Tissue would be minimal.  
Well you know the old swan calm on top and kicking like mad underneath, that's how I feel.  

I need to chill!!! :o  Anybody got any input on chilling???
                 Hugs Jax
CP both knees.
Scope RK 20/9  LR , anterior horn tear medial meniscus.  Grade 3 - 4 changes LFP and debridement also LR and Meniscus tear LK 11/04. Fulkerson TTT 7th July

Offline Jax33

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2004, 10:41:31 PM »
Well it's Thursday tomorrow that means 1 day left to go until Friday's Op.   How Vile  :o.  Knees really hurting, I think it was PT's weight bearing exercises, I have iced them both and will elevate them for the rest of tonight.  Just thought I would drop a line to all as I feel I can chat with people who understand what I am going through.   Hugs to you all     Jax
CP both knees.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2004, 10:46:11 PM »
hey jax..hang in there man..just wanted to send you good vibes and a big it's gonna be ok hug....let me know if i can help in any way...headin to the docs myself..leavin at 3:15 today...bronchitis/no sleep/knee is locking...hopin to walk out with antibiotics/cortisone shot/draining/soma...wish me luck it's a big shopping list...you're gonna be fine and better than yo are now...hang in there babe...

8)cheers

ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Jax33

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2004, 10:52:56 PM »
Thanks Ron,  that was a great big hug  :) . Did you get mine and the best of luck with your doctors visit today.
                      Jax

CP both knees.

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2004, 10:54:57 PM »
hey jax..sure did even re-cycled it this morning..if you're really bored you can check out my numerous posts today in the usual sections and my replies to others..tryin to help others is my best way to fight back against this gar-bage....

thanks hang in there

cheers

ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Jax33

• Forum Faithful
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2004, 11:02:47 PM »
Thanks Ron your a hun,
I am logging off to elevate my poor sore knees, speak to you tomorrow.     Jax
CP both knees.

support