Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: One day post-op patteler reallignment  (Read 3026 times)

Offline Leentje

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 2
  • ER nursing rules !!!
Re: One day post-op patteler reallignment
« Reply #15 on: August 19, 2004, 06:18:16 PM »
Wow!!!! You're incision looks sooo good! And horizontal :o I am jealous ;D

BTW you'll soon feel better!! It's still early days, all of us tripple T'ers have been there and know it isn't fun! Keep on strugglin' and soon the depressing days will get less!

Hang in there!!
Bilat patellar malalignment/PFdysplasia
00/06/83 L wrist #
11/12/00 L knee LR + chondroplasty
21/08/02 L knee TTT
02/03/04 L knee stretched PCL
11/09/07 L ankle dislocation/medial avulsion #
25/05/09 L ankle medial avulsion # AGAIN!
05/06/13 R ankle dislocation

Offline janders

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
Re: One day post-op patteler reallignment
« Reply #16 on: August 21, 2004, 03:52:34 AM »
Thanks for your encouraging words.
Today is day 10.  Yesterday I drove for the first time.  It wasn't too difficult, but I don't think I can drive for more than a few miles because of how it made my leg feel.  Everything still feels really tight and is still sore.  I'm planning on going back to work on Monday (desk job).
Knee swelling may have gone down a bit - I can sort of see my kneecap.  But, it's still pretty swollen.  
The scars are healing alright - the scar from the LR is completely closed, the one from the scope is still red and tender.  The TTT scar looks okay, but is still pretty open - it's hard to tell in the pics.
Bruising is getting uglier, but better.  The yellow is turning lovely shades.  I think the worst thing right now is my ankle / foot.  It's significantly larger than my other ankle and very sore.  The bruising actually hurts today, unlike other days.
I'm getting around better on crutches and am starting to weight bare more.  I'm wearing the brace whenever I'm up, and I don't have any pain when I put pressure on .  I actually stood up for some of my shower today.
One strange thing that's going on is that my inner thigh (from my knee up) is somewhat numb.  It's slightly painful to the touch, but numb for the most part.  Could this be from the nerve block?  It's been going on since I had surgery.
Other than that, things are going well.  I've posted more pictures at http://photos.yahoo.com/mm_grl