Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Bone Scan  (Read 725 times)

Offline maxfactor

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Bone Scan
« on: August 03, 2004, 10:46:02 PM »

User's Text

Reply #3 on: 08/02/04 at 22:19:18  Quote  Modify  Remove  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I posted on Anatomy and Imaging but looks like no one's been there for a while. Thanks!

Well, just had the scan. My knee was lit up like a Christmas Tree. However, I asked the tech how they know the old stuff from the new. (It's been 6yrs since anyone's been in my knees). He said the old stuff would show heeled. He thinks they'll be able to tell the difference. He said my knees were "brighter than usual" but that nothing "jumped out at him." I know they're not supposed to tell you anything and I'm not reading anything into what he says. The last OS said that the bone scan would "light up my pain points." He seemed very sure of himself. I saw my femur and tibia (where I get a lot of pain) but didn't see them lit up very much. Guess I'll have to wait for the Radiologist. Just wish it was something obvious causing this pain. Can they see if there's more arthritis than the x-ray showed? The doc's are telling me I'm not bone on bone, therefore a BTKR wouldn't help me. Thanks for your time,
Jane  
12 knee surgeries. bilateral patellectomy 22yrs ago. chronic pain, major narcotics. Still looking for help with pain. 42yrs old.

Offline allstardiva2005

• Forum Faithful
    • Behind the Jersey
Re: Bone Scan
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2004, 05:27:04 AM »
well i had a bonescan and they were looking for medial compartment overload...the tests were inconclusive. when i switched to a new surgeon, she said that many tests like that aren't as accurate since i'd been operated on so many times.

so if your's doesn't seem that it shows anything, it may be due to the previous knee surgery(ies). and to my knowledge, you would be able to see arthritis better on a bonescan then you would a normal x-ray.

i don't know if that helps you at all...
xoxo- Christy
Medial Meniscus Repair- '00,03
Partial Meniscectomy- '03, '04
ACL Reconstruction- '02
Exploratory Scope- '05
Allograft ACL Revision & Neuroma Excision- '06
Hardware Removal & Bone Filing- '06
Scar Tissue Removel- '07

** Medial meniscus transplant is in the near future... **

Offline maxfactor

• Forum Faithful
  • User's Text
Re: Bone Scan
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2004, 07:31:47 PM »
Thanks Christy. If you can see arthritus better on a bone scan then maybe that's a good thing for me. They keep telling me that mine isn't bad enough for a BTKR but this pain has to be caused by something. Thanks!
Jane
12 knee surgeries. bilateral patellectomy 22yrs ago. chronic pain, major narcotics. Still looking for help with pain. 42yrs old.

support