Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP/ADVICE?/BAD PAIN?NO SLEEP  (Read 921 times)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP/ADVICE?/BAD PAIN?NO SLEEP
« on: August 02, 2004, 07:30:37 PM »
 :-[
Hi pls see my details below...I could really use some encouragement...a lot of pain today and no sleep again last night....it's a little lonely during a bad flare up and with today's humidity, and real bad pain in my knee and hip..I'm flagging...a bit too early to be wiped out on a full Monday at work...thanks...I lucked into this site last week and really took some encouragement from reading many of the posts.....this morning I registered....have a great Monday and hope your knees are behaving

Hi everyone,  

I just wanted to say how much this site has helped the past 2 wks.....I have had 5 surgeries....including multiple ACL repairs/grafts, medial meniscus repair/removal, medial collateral ligament repair/removal, 2 lateral releases (one as part of the 4 hr Maquet) and the bone graft/screw combo (Maquet)...Also 2 vasculars (ll on the right leg).......Too much rugby (thru my mid 30's(DvIII hoops and countless summer league hoops and and softball.....Anyway, thanksto all of the Knee Geeks...I spent some time last Friday wading thru many posts and realized there are many like me out there who are deprived sleep and comfort on a regular basis....Last week I helped a friend move...BIG Mistake!...I cannot say no to a friend...but the upper body and the right leg don't have much in common in terms of endurance......I did have the knee drained Thu night (very red...some more scar tissue irritation) and  cortisone shots to the knee and hip.....I've pulled three all nighters out of the past five nights.....and as many of you know there is nothing lonelier than a sleepless flare up....no one else is awake....it seems the rest of the world is sleeping...and the "non Knee Geeks" never really want to hear about it...anyway, I have pain meds but they just take the edge off...'cause the hip went south after the Maquet (necrosis and arthritis).....  

Anyway thanks for all of the good sharing and thank forlistening..it makes me feel less alone in the "non knee world" where everyone can't really relate and you never really complain for fear of being labelled...  

have a great day everyone.  

------------------------------------------------------------------------ --------
Ron22  

Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: ANYONE HAVE ANY HELP/ADVICE?/BAD PAIN?NO SLEEP
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2004, 11:03:57 PM »
This is my receipe for a good night's sleep:

3 big pillows
1 brace which you can lock in a straight position
1 thermos of hot chocolate or tea
1 good book
1 boring book
1 radio/cd with earpluggs
1 TV/video with earpluggs
2 good movies
1 newpapier
Some fresh fruits

Entertain and sleep when you can.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2004, 03:17:56 AM »
Dear Ron:

Welcome to Kneegeeks!  Sorry you have to be here.

Oh the bad knee nights...we've all had many of them! :o  The only good thing is that you're not alone, and none of us here thinks you're a whiner!  

Even after all your procedures, you should still try icing and elevating after you've overdone it...lots of Advil or some kind of anti-inflammatory (the pain meds don't really do much but make you kind of loopy!), log onto the site and chat with some of us, and hope for the best.

Hang in there, kiddo...we're on your side! ;D

Hugs!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2004, 03:52:02 PM »
Hi Holly,

Thanks for the reply....I got 2 hrs sleep last night...besides the knee...the hip is pretty bad (the Maquet made it go South pretty quick..Necrosis and Arthtritis...because the graft site never really re-generated...the ball and socket of the hip rides outside its normal orbit)...makes the leg unstable and raises the pain considerably...unfortunately, work is really hopping so no chance to take a day off...they want to replace the hip and knee in the coming yrs but not yet....anyway this site is great and as I was up last night riding this one out....I felt less alone than I usually do knowing there are other Knee Geeks out there that can relate and do care...

How is your knee?  It's muggy here in NYC and the elevated terror alert has got more than a few a bit nervous...

If you or anyone has any encouraging words or advice I'd really appreciate it....really tired due to the vampire hrs of the past 2 wks and the knee/hip pain is pretty bad...pretty down today...I've been propping myslef up pretty good but this has been an extended flare up and even with the shots and the draining no real relief (the knee filled right back up again w/in 1 day and it's pretty hot.)

Thanks again for your reply and have a great day...

Cheers,

Ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues