Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT+Lateral Release - going private?  (Read 680 times)

Offline squeezeevans

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TTT+Lateral Release - going private?
« on: July 28, 2004, 12:01:12 PM »
I'm currently waiting on the NHS for a TTT+lateral release.  It seems that it could take 9 months -12 months for me to get the surgery and 4 various reasons I really can't wait that long.

I wondered if anyone had any ideas how much it would cost me to go private? and is private health care beneficial anyway?

Thanks

Louisexxx

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
Re: TTT+Lateral Release - going private?
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 12:25:04 PM »
Louise,

I was in the same position as yourself a few years ago, I eventually went private and had the same surgeon that I would have had on the NHS only 9 months earlier!  The TOTAL cost of my LR and TTT (including all physio and follow up appointments, injections, medications etc) came to about £4,000, but I did have to have an extra op to remove the screw a few months later so for a straightforward one I reckon you're looking at about £3,000-£3500 (that was with BUPA).  Don't know if different companies charge different prices, or if the price has gone up since mine.  Might be worth phoning them to see if they can give you an idea of what it will cost.  I reckon private healthcare is very beneficial especially when you look at waiting times on the NHS, if you can afford it I would definately take it out, I found that your follow-up appointments are so much better and quicker and a lot less impersonal than the NHS, just my experience though.

Natalie.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2004, 12:27:35 PM by nmcbride »
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA