Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Shin pain 4yrs post TTT  (Read 822 times)

Offline cathy_in_OK

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
Shin pain 4yrs post TTT
« on: July 27, 2004, 07:31:19 PM »
I found in the archives that Im23 posted the same complaint but I can't access any responses to his question. Now I am having the same problem. What is going on with my tibia??? Full extension when walking hurts the most.

What do I need to do....Keep walking until I can't  or do something else?

Offline Heather M.

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 10
    • Check out my photography!
Re: Shin pain 4yrs post TTT
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2004, 02:23:48 AM »
Have you had an x-ray to determine the position of your kneecap?  I have a condition called patella baja where scar tissue has pulled my kneecap down and out of place.  So it's striking the tibial plateau, and puts a lot of pressure on the damaged spot when my leg is in full extension.  I actually can't put weight on it when I'm in full extension--it hurts so much the knee buckles.

Other possibilities include the hardware--did you have the screws removed?  If not, there could be a stress fracture, or even just irritated bursae in the area that the hardware is stressing.

Anyway, it's always a good idea to go back to the doctor when you have a new problem--especially since you have had PFS issues in the past.

Heather
Scope #1: LR, part. menisectomy w/cyst, chondroplasty
#2-#5: Lysis of adhesions/scar tissue, AIR, patellar tendon debridement, infections, MUA, insufflation
#6: IT band release / Z-Plasty, synovectomy, LOA/AIR, chondroplasty
2006 Arthrofibrosis, patella baja
http://www.flickr.com/photos/hmaxwell