Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help please for knee problem - cause unknown  (Read 695 times)

Offline simsta

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
help please for knee problem - cause unknown
« on: July 27, 2004, 08:12:54 AM »
5 months ago my left knee swelled up. There was no reason but I was carrying a heavy box up and down stairs at home a couple of times a week. The swelling went down after 4 weeks or so and my knee started to crack a lot. I'd catch my foot on the floor bending my lower leg outwards and it would crack painfully. This became bearable and actually felt as if it was cracking into place. Now if I carry something heavy or like now, I just went ice skating, no swelling but it starts to crack again - in my knee - just on the inside of my leg. Even sitting, if I tense my leg, my knee cracks. I'm in Thailand (which is why I haven't seen anyone about it yet) and rest is no problem but I've rested it a lot. Is there an obvious answer?  

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: help please for knee problem - cause unknown
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 10:45:51 AM »
Hey !!

An answer for me to give on your questions isn't easy, but it's obvious that you overdid your knee a lot while lifting this box. The usually you do is elevate,ice and rest. Then maybe you need to strenghten your muscles aroun the joint, look under the gym for excercises.
If you won't get better I would really go talk to a doc if you have tried everything and feel unsure, doesn't have to be anything special, sometimes it can take a while before the knee is better if you have overdone it.
Let me know how you are doing.

Hugs nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support