Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: coldness  (Read 1094 times)

Offline kcb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
coldness
« on: July 27, 2004, 03:07:44 AM »
does anyone knee leg or foot stay cold. my need stays terribly cold all the time. is this normal??  :-* :'( :-* :'(

Offline dm

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 19
  • I hate my knee!! :(
Re: coldness
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2004, 03:36:43 AM »
if you feel like your leg is cold, but when you lay a hand on it, it's not, then its a nerve issue. If it feels cold wheh you lay a hand on it, its circulatory. OR it could be a combination of both. I'd call the dr's office about it. Nerve issues are touchy things if not addressed. and cirulatory issues can be nasty too.
multiple arthroscopies 2/00,3/01,6/01,1/03, 12/07,10/10. chondromalacia, severe medial joint space narrowing following 3 partial menisectomies, chronic pain problems, kneecap problems, OCD lesion, failed mfx.

Offline kcb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2004, 03:43:23 AM »
its cold all the time. if my hand is hot and i put it on my knees the warmth feels so good. could that still be circulatory??

Offline sfmama

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2004, 05:35:48 AM »
It's probably circulatory.  I would ask someone else to touch your leg and compare it with your non-injured one to see if it's colder.

If it's circulatory, it's probably from not walking.  Best thing to do is keep it elevated and cover it with blankets to keep it warm.
you should keep an eye out for symptoms of a clot though -- a lot of swelling and discoloration.  Then, you should go to a doctor/ER asap.  You can probably find a better description of the symptoms of a clot on this site or in a google search.  I believe the official term is Deep Vein Thrombosis.
Tibial plateau fx, Type III
6/15/04 surgery: bone graft and three screws
8/10/04 begin PWB

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2004, 10:50:26 AM »
Hey !!

Well I'm a wheeler, use wheelchair 100% and I'm cold on my legs almost all time and it's circulatory for me.
If you are able try to move your toes up and down while sitting, it's good for that and also elevate whenever you can and get properly dressed while beeing out.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

Offline kcb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2004, 03:46:26 PM »
i do not have a non injured leg ::) i am moving all the time, i do a lot of walking, i am in a lot of pain all day, but i am also a student, with loads of things to do. so, i do not believe it comes from sitting. both of my knees stay swollen 24-7, i kinda thought it was cold from the arthritis??? thanks so much for all the replies

Offline kcb

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • User's Text
« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2004, 03:49:05 PM »
i went to the doctor yesterday (not my knee doctor, family doctor) she said it isn't circulation, so i am still scared why my feet are cold and hurting all the time this is something that just started i do not have naturally cold feet. but my knees have been cold for like nine years since i have the knee-s problems. i'm clueless ;D >:( ??? ??? :'( >:( ;D :( :o

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2004, 05:47:00 PM »
Hey !!

Was your familydoctor concerned about it ?
Maybe you should call the kneedoc and ask.
Coldness in a foot can be so many various things.
Doesn't have to be serious.
The pain you have was it before the coldness or has it come afterwards or has the pain spread from your knee down to your foot ?

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.