Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: help diagnosing knee injury  (Read 606 times)

Offline disco

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
help diagnosing knee injury
« on: July 25, 2004, 04:09:18 AM »
I was playing football last january,I went in for a slide tackle (not even very hard or fast) as I twisted to get to my feet i heard a small click coming from the inside of my knee.As I got to my feet I realised something was wrong I couldn't straighten or bend my knee.The pain wasn't that bad.As the night went on It started to hurt alot it didnt swell much but i couldnt move my knee at all.2 weeks later the pain was getting better and the range of motion was improving so I decided to play football again.This time I was running and it felt as if something caught in my joint,anyway I started to feel the same pain and limit of movement.Over time this happened more and more but gradually every time it happened the pain took less time to go away and now when it happens there is no pain but there is a hard lump moves in my knee and i have to move it back into the joint with my hand.my knee does feel a little unstable i can jog but i cant go back to football,it is just twisting that i cant do.I have an arthroscopy soon,they think it is my medial meniscus,but could it be my acl aswell,i am an active person and it would be bad news for me.I would appreciate any help.thanks
David

Offline Nettan

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 7
  • Stronger then yesterday...thanks Sis...
Re: help diagnosing knee injury
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2004, 03:24:12 PM »
Hey !!!
When they have looked at you has they ever had any thought of your ACL ?
Don't rush in to anything and think the worst. Life isn't over even if you get a rupture on your ACL. The surgeons are very good today. Many people with multiple trauma are as good as new after surgery and rehab. Wish you good luck.

Nettan  ::)
Surgery 6 times left knee torn meniscus, RSDS,chondromalacia, nervdamage cause constant nervpain,chronic inflamm.
Spinaldamage wheeler 100%.
Right knee damaged aug-06, use brace surgery 4/9-07.LCL tear.

support