Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: TTT+NHS waiting lists  (Read 850 times)

Offline squeezeevans

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
TTT+NHS waiting lists
« on: July 20, 2004, 08:13:36 PM »
Just wondered whether anyone knew roughly how long the waiting list is for a TTT and lateral release on the NHS.  I would really like to get the op done as soon as possible because next year is a really important year at school so want my recovery to start as soon as possible.

Thanks

Louisexxx

Offline Natalie.D

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: TTT+NHS waiting lists
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2004, 02:41:23 PM »
Louise,

I suppose it depends on where about in the UK you are but I gather that in most parts of the country the waiting list for orthopedics is about 9 months - not good!  I'm in Scotland and was told 9 months for surgery, I was lucky enough to be able to go private and was done within 3 weeks BY THE SAME SURGEON!  If this isn't an option for you, perhaps you could speak to the OS or his secretary to see if there is any cancellation appointments you could have - worth a try!  Good luck.

Natalie.
Dislocations since age 12
Trochlear Dysplasia
Maltracking
Hypermobile
LR/MR-failed
TTT, LR, MR L knee 95-Success
TTT, LR, MR R 02-Success
Screws out
Partial tear ACL
Severe end stage OA
4 Debridements
Partial Meniscectomy
Failed Microfracture
11mm Defect LFC
Bone Spurs, Kissing Lesions

Offline angela

• Regular Poster
  • I can resist anything but temptation
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2004, 06:06:38 PM »
Dear Louise

I'm in the midlands and have had to wait for 9mths for my TTT and LR, speek to your OS.  If I hadn't have spoken to mine I'd have been waiting for a year.  Explain the situation and see what he can do

Love
Angie
2 arthroscopies, TTT & LR Left Knee, awaiting TTT & LR Right knee, as well as O A in both joints.  I am a mother of 2 boys and a mental health nursing student

Offline belle9

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2004, 03:24:53 PM »
i'm currently waiting for an mri on the nhs before deciding whetehr or not to go ahead with the TTT.  I've been on waiting lists for nhs treatment for my knee's for over 2 years now whether it be for consultation with the OS, Physio, MRI etc.  Its is an immensely frustrating system.  The thought of a nine month wait for the TTT surgery i cannot bear!  This surgey is very expensive to go private and my family cannot afford it.  I too live in the midlands. I guess all i to can do is wait.
*Mal-alignment issues due to torsion or both femur and tibias
*Derotation osteotomy of right distal femur and distal tibia 12/04/11

Offline squeezeevans

• Regular Poster
  • User's Text
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2004, 03:50:35 PM »
mmm 9 months  >:( just bout the worst time scale i could be looking at!

You say its expensive to go private? roughly how much you talking bout?

I know free health care should b a blessing but right now I just want to get going as quickly as possible!

Thanks for your help

Louisexxxx