Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: tendonitis, knee probs, marfans query?  (Read 945 times)

Offline Boomer

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
tendonitis, knee probs, marfans query?
« on: July 20, 2004, 07:33:21 PM »
hello folks,
used to post on here about 4 years ago under name of kylie- I had a lateral release surgery on my right knee.
knees both still hurt on stairs etc, but here is my question.
I now have tendonitis in my wrist(left) and ankle (right) and have had steroid injections in both sites twice. both are now very painful again. I have got a private physio appt tomorrrow, but got an email from my brother in australia today saying that he has tendonitis and arthritis in his shoulder and elbow and my dad had just been diagnosed with oseoarthritis and rhuematoid arthritis.  My paternal grandmother had marfans syndrome and had the detached retina and heart probls, my dad had the detached retina, heart probs and gloucoma, and i am short sighted but have no heart probs just all this joint stuff. my brother also has a heart murmur. I am 31, 6ft tall and until recently undergoing fertility treatment was quite slim (my BMI is still under 25 but I wouldn't call myself slim right now) I am wondering if these symptoms are related to marfans and if there is anything I can do? should I mention it to the physio/gp or will they think I am a hypocondriac??!! I am also in the early stages of adoption and am worried that if I flagged this up with my gp then it might go against me in a medical. and ugent advice welcome!
kylie

Offline The KNEEguru

• Administrator
  • SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 96
  • The KNEEguru
    • The KNEEguru
Re: tendonitis, knee probs, marfans query?
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2004, 07:07:42 PM »
Hi
Welcome back - but I think your question needs a forum dedicated to this topic. Try - http://www.mvpsupport.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/003793.html
--
KNEEguru

support