Banner - Hide this banner

Author Topic: Update on Kristy "Cripple"  (Read 1594 times)

Offline Femin3m

• Regular Poster
  • Liked: 0
  • Mwahahahaha
    • Femin3m's home page
Update on Kristy "Cripple"
« on: July 17, 2004, 02:04:14 PM »
Hey guys,
      some bad news on my front more ops ahead for me. my HMS has traveled to my hip, wrist and elbows :( and there is nothing they can do to stop it my GP says that is genetic and that even though none of my ametate family has it it could have been from someone 300 years ago and once again i am the worst and the youngest that he has ever seen he said that he only gets one person like me once every 7 or 8 years :(.

thanx for listening!
Kristy
I dislocate every thing and have had two operations one on each knee

Offline Kelli_Bear

• Regular Poster
  • This too shall pass
Re: Update on Kristy "Cripple"
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 05:39:15 PM »
I can't find any information online about MHS, what does that stand for?  I am sorry you are having such difficulty and having spread of this problem.

Kelli  
Partial medial meniscus removal 7/03, 9/03, re-injury 6/04 - partial lateral/medial meniscus removal, chondroplasty
6/04 30% medial meniscus left.  7/15 left knee scoped - still healing & new Mommy!

Offline Kelli_Bear

• Regular Poster
  • This too shall pass
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 06:23:09 PM »
I went and looked some more on the Internet and HMS mean hyper mobility syndrome.

Hope you get some relief soon.

Kelli
Partial medial meniscus removal 7/03, 9/03, re-injury 6/04 - partial lateral/medial meniscus removal, chondroplasty
6/04 30% medial meniscus left.  7/15 left knee scoped - still healing & new Mommy!

Offline Holly

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Runs with scissors
« Reply #3 on: July 17, 2004, 07:59:45 PM »
Hey Kristy:

So sorry you're having to go through so much...and at such a young age!  Just remember that you're a very special person for many reasons - NOT just because of this horrid syndrome with which you are suffering.

You mention that you have some surgeries coming up.  What are they planning to do?  What will they be operating on?  Hips? Wrist? Elbow? Knees?  How does your HMS affect your daily life?  Before your posting, I didn't know there was such a syndrome, and I don't know very much about it.  If it isn't too personal or difficult for you, would you mind letting us know a little about this syndrome?  Your information may help others on this site.

I know there's little or nothing I can do to really help...but please know that if there were a way I could come over to Australia and just give you a GREAT BIG HUG I would be there in a flash! ;D  I have three grown children, and I know that when my daughter was your age (she's 24 now), I would have gladly changed places with her and taken this disease in her stead.  In fact, my knee problems came about like that.  She and I were waiting to cross the street at a crosswalk with our dog, and she was holding the dog's leash.  Just before the light changed, I switched places with her and took the leash.  I don't know why...I just had a funny feeling about crossing the street with the dog.  When we got into the crosswalk, some crazy lady in a big blue Buick came tearing through the intersection and hit the dog, knocked me down and ran me over, and then kept going until she hit a car!  If I hadn't switched places with Naomi, she would have been where I was and would have been run over.  Instead, she was completely untouched!  I thank God every day that something (God, perhaps?) made me switch places with her at the last minute - saving her from the 6 years of pain and 8 surgeries I've been through (with more to come).  Also, had this woman hit my daughter I would have had to kill her.  I'm not kidding...I would have done it.  I truly believe that!  (By the way, the dog was O.K....but I wouldn't get in the ambulance until I knew she was alright.  As it happened, we were on our way to the vet, whose office was accross the street!).

I'm sure your family is doing everything in their power to lighten your load and make your life as happy as possible and to remind you of all the love that surrounds you.  Still, I also know how difficult it is to remember sometimes the good things in your life when every day brings you pain.  You're only human, after all.  And that's what we Kneegeeks are here for!  Any time you want to let go and just let those hurts out, you just feel free...and you KNOW we understand! :-*

Hugs to you, honey!

Holly
1998 run over by car;Rt knee lat menisc/med menisc tear, ACL/MCL tear, patella frx, tib frx, femur frx, 4 scopes repr menisc/repr lig/debride pat, open MCL rpr, dbl osteot3/04;MUA,lysis6/04;scope10/04