Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: My dodgy knees  (Read 1679 times)

Offline Greavsie

• MICROgeek (<20 posts)
  • Liked: 0
  • User's Text
My dodgy knees
« on: October 29, 2002, 11:48:08 PM »
I'm 22 now and have had problems with my knees for as long as I can remember.  Reading some of the posts here I know that there are people worse off than me.

I was wondering whether anyone could give me any advice as to what to do?

I had problems with my left knee in that the patella kept dislocating, and this was 'fixed' a couple of years ago.  It gave me no problems (apart from being very painful as I was recovering) until a few months ago.  Since then it has popped out once, and has felt decidedly dodgy on a number of occasions.

As a result of the surgery and being layed up for so long, my right knee is now playing up as well.  I had osgood schlatters disease in both knees, and though the lump dissapeared in my left knee, I still have it in my right.  It is still painful to touch, but I am a bit old for it to still be OS.

The surgon thinks that I may have tendonitis, but I'm not overly convinced.  I have tried all manner of physio, accupuncture, complete rest and even exercise but nothing makes any difference.  After yet another scan, it was discovered that I have calcium lumps on the tendon.

Recently it has also taken to kind of locking up - resulting in me landing in a swearing heap on the floor.

I've been waiting for donkeys to see the surgon, and was wondering if anyone could suggest anything that I could try to reduce the pain.  I've tried all manner of NSAIDS, but they have now disolved my stomach I've taken that many.

It has already cost me a career in the RAF and am quite concerned about arthritis.

Any comments gratefull received.

support