Advertisement - Hide this advert

Author Topic: Some days... I tell ya!  (Read 1951 times)

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
  • Liked: 0
  • You miss 100% of the shots you don't take
    • Knee Photos
Some days... I tell ya!
« on: August 10, 2004, 12:57:00 AM »
Hey All~
right off the bat, i just wanna say sorry that im ragging here. i know that there are so many ppl here who have FAR greater things wrong worse than me. but i just need to vent i guess ::)  all of this is just getting on my nerves.  i've been put on restricted actvities for two weeks to see if more rest will help the pfs.  (i dont get what that has to do with helping malalignment ::) if someone knows, please let me know)  well anyways today is the first day and ive only gone to lunch and ran two errands and ive been in so much pain all day.  i cant even walk without looking stupid.  just wondering if there is anything else i could do to maybe alleviate the pain til i go back to the os on the 24.   im just icing and taking alieve and advil and everything.  just wondering if anyone has advice?? ???      thanks in advance if you reply and thanks for letting me vent :P    
~Mandy
21 yrs old
12/04: plica removal (RK)
2/05: debridement, LR/TTT (RK)
6/05: debridement, LR/TTT (LK)
10/05: scar tissue removal/debridement (LK)
3/06: screw removal (both knees), debridement on TTT site (LK)
5/08: debridement, HTO, Maquet procedure (LK)

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
Re: Some days... I tell ya!
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2004, 01:00:58 AM »
hey girl...you can try callin your doc for some anti infamms or some painkillers...i'm sure they'd give you a lil somethin somethin  as you appt is slated and you're tryin to tough it out...sometimes a moist heating pad is soothing...try cranking some tunes or watching a movie..

let me know how you're doin and hang in there...remember you are comin back...

best and take care of yourself and be good to you..be patient and stay positive as hard as it is..believe me i understand

ron
Surgery #1 ACL/LR/Mdl Mesniscus
Surgery #2 Vascular Repair
Surgery#3 ACL/Ltl Mesniscus/MCL
Surgery#4 Vascular Repair
Surgery#5 Maquet/Bone Graft/Screw/LR/ACL
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2004, 01:18:17 AM »
hey ron--
just replied to one of your other replies to me! haha :P  again, just hoping youre still hangin in there and gettin some more sleep.   awesome to hear about saturday and all ;D  that must have been SWEET!  anyways, keep me posted on how youre doing ron, ill see what i can do about the "pain in the knee" :P  
im still in question about the heating pad. when i asked pt about it they were like "NO! use ice"  so i dunno, ill try it see if it works and just not tell em i did it haha :P  anways thanks again ron for everything!  keep me posted
~Mandy
21 yrs old

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #3 on: August 10, 2004, 01:33:17 AM »
mandy the ice is still to be used...but the heat can help soothe spasms or just plain soreness from constant pain ..as long as you only do it for about 20 min and maintain the RICE it's cool...they just say that to make sure some folks don't keep it on for extended periods cause it feels so good
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2004, 01:35:27 AM »
 sounds good ron!  thanks man :D   get some sleep tonight  :D  hope to hear more from ya!  thanks
~Mandy
21 yrs old

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2004, 01:43:58 AM »
hey mandy if you ever want to im me here..pls feel free..just click on my name from a post and it'll ask you if you wanna send a private mssg...that way you can read replies faster...up to you...but i figured i'd give you the option if you have questions or just wanna bounce things off

take it easy and good luck tonite..call the doc tmrw for some meds if the pain and discomfort keeps up...
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline Mandy

• SuperKNEEgeek
    • Knee Photos
« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2004, 08:03:02 PM »
Hey All~
How's everyone doing? ??? I'm doing pretty good so far today.  Icing like crazy and all.  O yea- ron, i tried the heat last nite and it has helped SO much!  Thanks man!  Hope everyone is doing ok and all.  Ron i hope youre gettin some more sleep soon :D  Anyways last nite for me went fine.  Took awhile to get to sleep but  i just iced til i got numb and then fell asleep :) it seemed to have done the trick haha.  Well im still laying low for the rest.  Found some good music and lots of tunes.  Go for a walk once in awhile.  Other than that just keeping myself occupied.  I guess i have a hockey game tonight and all so i'll get to have a little bit of fun to last me awhile.  Don't worry, i wont overdo it,  at least i'll try not to (its playoffs)   :P  Well, thanks again to everyone out there, this site is a saving grace here!  Keep it real!
~Mandy
21 yrs old

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #7 on: August 10, 2004, 11:20:00 PM »
hey mandy..glad the moist heat helped...i always find that to be soothing and it's not a bad thing as long as you continue to ice it...i'm glad you're finding ways to keep busy....btw this is not a bad prob to have in the=is situation....the alternative is to be here at work with a 3 hr round trip commute w/ lotsa walkin and have the pain and no sleep... :-[

at least you get to watch some flicks..spend time with friends and crank some tunes...although i must admit the ny subway is certainly somewhat akin to a "circus on wheels"..certainly smells like one in the summertime... :P

hope you're havin a good day...got three quality hrs last nite...but the pain is hanging around stronger than rent...kinda like an annoying relative who keeps extending his short visit :o

take care

ron
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues
All on Right Leg

Offline BridgetJones_uk

• Forum Faithful
  • Liked: 1
  • Love me love my knees!
« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2004, 08:54:47 PM »
Hi mandy...

...Sorry to join in your rant, but why, why do OS's tell their patients to give up the sport that they love doing and restrict activities.....Of course my pain will get better....'cause all I'm doing is sitting on my arse in front of the TV getting more mad at myself...but that doesn't solve the problem...they just don't get it....

.......I'm an ACTIVE person and I'm seeing them because all else has failed and no one knew what was wrong and I wanna do all the things that I love doing again........ and then they have a go at me when I rebel.....Restore the ACTIVE to my life.

OS and PT's drive me mad sometimes.

There I'm done.....Sorry but I feel better now.

Love ya all

Emma
x
x
« Last Edit: August 13, 2004, 10:19:48 PM by BridgetJones_uk »
Trauma - Dislocation '96
Chondromalacia, PFS '01
Shallow trochlear groove, Patella Alta & tight ITB dx '03
Right Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope 2004
Left Modified Galeazzi, LR  2005
Redo Modified Galeazzi, LR and scope and medial reefing 2007
Right redislocation 2014

Offline Ron22

• SuperKNEEgeek
« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2004, 09:33:37 PM »
hey meilssa...thanks for your note and btw....as long as you keep your leg strong and are comfortable with it never give up on your dream of playin again or healing yourself....not that i wish my knda permanent injuries and damage on anyone...but when i blew my acl when i was 19 and they diagnosed the pfs and chronomalacia and tracking probs..they told me no more sports or i'd pay for it later in life...ya know what no regrets...i woulda been a different person and not for the better if i didn't play with some great people learn so much about myself and have wonderful memories...hang in there and stick to your guns...

best and happy friday

ron  
Arthritis/Knee/Hip
Necrosis/Hip
PFS/Chronomalacia
RSD
Vascular Issues